K2 or "spice" blamed for teens death and gains popularity as substitution for weed

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Folks will always find a way to get high. It's human nature. Been that way for thousands of years and it's not going to change anytime soon. Something new will come along as soon as "spice" is outlawed. It's the free market.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Folks will always find a way to get high. It's human nature. Been that way for thousands of years and it's not going to change anytime soon. Something new will come along as soon as "spice" is outlawed. It's the free market.

I'm fairly certain the only reason people use "spice" is because it's currently legal, once it's dubbed "illegal" it's back to smoking pot for these people again.

Only difference, they'll be criminals again, I'm sure no one would chose this "spice" over the real thing.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I own some cigar lounges/smoke shops and some of my competitors, plus some gas stations and C stores sell this stuff. We refuse to sell it, despite it's high profit margins. On shop down the street from us told one of the tobacco salespeople that the sale of this stuff is paying thir rent. We don't allow kids in our shops (must be 18 to come in our shops - yes we card) and it's middle age adults who come in asking for K2!?!

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I own some cigar lounges/smoke shops and some of my competitors, plus some gas stations and C stores sell this stuff. We refuse to sell it, despite it's high profit margins. On shop down the street from us told one of the tobacco salespeople that the sale of this stuff is paying thir rent. We don't allow kids in our shops (must be 18 to come in our shops - yes we card) and it's middle age adults who come in asking for K2!?!

I once read a statistic ( I'll try to find it ), most people who are smoking "the pot" are middle-aged successful individuals.

Smoke pot or take a xanax - I trust pot more, especially if it were legal and regulated accordingly.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    I once read a statistic ( I'll try to find it ), most people who are smoking "the pot" are middle-aged successful individuals.

Smoke pot or take a xanax - I trust pot more, especially if it were legal and regulated accordingly.

This is the problem I see with most attempts at legalization.

How does one regulate what can be grown nearly anywhere and expect it to have no black market value?

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    This is the problem I see with most attempts at legalization.

How does one regulate what can be grown nearly anywhere and expect it to have no black market value?

The black market value dissipates from the direct competition of legit corporations that hone the growing process and provide you with a superior product.

Let alone, I don't think I'd buy cigarettes from Slack-Jaw Bob when I can buy a pack of Marlboro's from the store, legally.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    The black market value dissipates from the direct competition of legit corporations that hone the growing process and provide you with a superior product.

Let alone, I don't think I'd buy cigarettes from Slack-Jaw Bob when I can buy a pack of Marlboro's from the store, legally.

It's hard for me to believe that the quality of Marijuana that is currently available will ever be surpassed by a mass produced product when it can so cheaply be produced by anyone at home. Taxation of MJ just seems to be impossible to me, and I like that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's hard for me to believe that the quality of Marijuana that is currently available will ever be surpassed by a mass produced product when it can so cheaply be produced by anyone at home. Taxation of MJ just seems to be impossible to me, and I like that.
    Why? LA is passing a sales tax on medical marijuana, as we speak. So, it's not impossible, (altho, it's something I vehemently disagree with. Medicines should never be taxed). The federal government has had tax stamps for pot for decades. Not sure if anyone's ever availed themselves of them, tho.

As for quality, it's the mass production vs. Homebrewers deal all over again. It'll be the same when this country finally gets its collective crap together and does the sane thing and legalises it.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    My argument is simply that any regulation of Marijuana will create criminals, which I'm sure you agree. I do not see a day coming where I can grow as much pot as I want and sell it to whoever I want without my door getting kicked in, and that is the problem.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    My argument is simply that any regulation on Marijuana will create criminals, which I'm sure you agree. I do not see a day coming where I can grow as much pot as I want and sell it to whoever I want, that is the problem.

I'm still missing the point here - what would be the point in growing pot to sell it illegally when you can buy it LEGALLY.

I'm so confused by what you're trying to communicate. If pot is legalized or decriminalized; it eliminates the need for dealers to distribute as the profit margin simply isn't worth it.

Have we not learned anything from alcohol prohibition? This is simple micro/macro economics.

Trust me there is a difference in quality between G13 ( legal medical marijuana ) and anything on the black market including "premium" grade marijuana.

Quality control is there, they have the resources to grow legally without threat of being caught and they hire REAL scientists/botanists/horticulturists. BIG TIME difference man.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    What is the point in brewing your own beer?

My point is that proponents of legalization who ask for government regulation of MJ are just as bad as prohibitionists.

Last edited:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    What is the point in brewing your own beer?

My point is that proponents of legalization who ask for government regulation of MJ are just as bad as prohibitionists.

^^^^^^

Dont%20Feed%20the%20Trolls.jpg

P.S it's not about "asking for regulation" it's about finding common ground, you know the gubment needs it's share, plain and simple.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Your accusing me of trolling is insulting.

We obviously agree on this topic, so why a personal attack because I feel that words like 'regulate' aren't good for promoting Capitalism?

My liberty has no "common ground"

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Your accusing me of trolling is insulting.

We obviously agree on this topic, so why a personal attack because I feel that words like 'regulate' aren't good for promoting Capitalism?

If it has offended you, I apologize.

The trolling comment was directed towards the "why brew your own beer" I'm a craft brewer and I can name a 1,000 reasons why people brew their own beer.

The main reason - it makes people happy and it's a productive and very scientific hobby, simply put.

To get back on topic - K2 is nasty stuff, although banning it for a few deaths is a bit overboard, I say we ban cars!

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Research chemicals in general tend to be risky business and is one of the results of prohibition that is just beginning to show it's face.

While I wouldn't consider JWH-018 particularly dangerous I would have to agree that MJ is much better than RC alternatives.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom