• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If one is biting you, it's probably not a service dog.

Speaking of, there should be a penalty for those claiming there pet is a service animal
    There is. $1000 fine. Federal felony too i THINK. Its enforcable by the feds I do know that. HHS, i believe.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don't we all feel safer that they stopped this obvious gang banger before he got out of hand?
    Kudos to the K9.
    Just imagine what would have happened if they had left him alone!
    Glad to see you finally came in from the cold.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't find it now, but someone was kicked out of county line orchard because their "service" dog was behaving badly.

Of course then they went on the news and claimed it was because they were a transgender from Chicago, and they KNEW that would happen in indiana

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was approached by security at University Park Mall in Mishawaka, IN. I was there with my 7y/o daughter getting her ears pierced and had a firearm. The gentleman from security was walking with what appeared to be a K9 officer from Mishawka PD. They walked past me, the K9 got riled up about 20 or so feet from me and then they doubled back on the other side of me. I noticed the men, but didn't pay too much attention, as I was doing nothing wrong. I was then tapped on the shoulder by the security guard and asked if I was carrying. I told him that I was. To which he replied that I would have to place my firearm in my vehicle, or leave the mall. I told him that as soon as my daughter was done getting her ears pierced that my family would be leaving the mall. He then told me that since I was in the middle of this transaction with my daughter that as long as we were done right after she was finished there would be no issue. I thanked him and they left me and my family to finish what we were doing. Overall, this was a very positive experience with a guy just doing his job and he did not give me a hard time about carrying in a "gun free zone". From what I understand, it is not illegal to carry in a "gun free zone" like a mall. However, if you're asked to remove the firearm from the property and you don't, you can be charged with criminal trespass.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or a police officer
    UP Mall is somewhere I wouldn’t go without a firearm. There have been way too many shootings there over the years.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Was there today going to the apple store. I won't get near South Bend without being armed. That place is getting close to being like Chicago.
    Exactly why i started carring because my daughter is dumb enough to live aroubd there. I usually carry without a round chambered BUT when i am going to certain crap places..the round is chambered.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I was approached by security at University Park Mall in Mishawaka, IN. I was there with my 7y/o daughter getting her ears pierced and had a firearm. The gentleman from security was walking with what appeared to be a K9 officer from Mishawka PD. They walked past me, the K9 got riled up about 20 or so feet from me and then they doubled back on the other side of me. I noticed the men, but didn't pay too much attention, as I was doing nothing wrong. I was then tapped on the shoulder by the security guard and asked if I was carrying. I told him that I was. To which he replied that I would have to place my firearm in my vehicle, or leave the mall. I told him that as soon as my daughter was done getting her ears pierced that my family would be leaving the mall. He then told me that since I was in the middle of this transaction with my daughter that as long as we were done right after she was finished there would be no issue. I thanked him and they left me and my family to finish what we were doing. Overall, this was a very positive experience with a guy just doing his job and he did not give me a hard time about carrying in a "gun free zone". From what I understand, it is not illegal to carry in a "gun free zone" like a mall. However, if you're asked to remove the firearm from the property and you don't, you can be charged with criminal trespass.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or a police officer
    I have noticed in the last 10 years that officers i encountered think for themselves. They didn't do what used to be mandated from a scripted book.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Exactly why i started carring because my daughter is dumb enough to live aroubd there. I usually carry without a round chambered BUT when i am going to certain crap places..the round is chambered.
    Mine stays chambered. But while I was there, I only saw 2 security guards. One was in the middle of the hall having a conversation with some people that just walked up to him, the other was playing on his phone. Since it had been 20+ years since I had been to that mall. I came in the back entrance since I had no idea where the Apple store was. And had a bit of a walk to get to the store. lol I didn't see any security on my way out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have been to the UPMall when it seemed like the security was all over the place including local PoPo with K9. Then other times I only saw 1.
    I gave chompy a wide berth since I was carrying as usual.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Mine stays chambered. But while I was there, I only saw 2 security guards. One was in the middle of the hall having a conversation with some people that just walked up to him, the other was playing on his phone. Since it had been 20+ years since I had been to that mall. I came in the back entrance since I had no idea where the Apple store was. And had a bit of a walk to get to the store. lol I didn't see any security on my way out.
    Probably been 10 or more years since i been there. My daughter that lives in Southbend said sears is no longer there. That was about the only reason i ever went there .

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Officer Simon had Rommel (I think that was the dogs name) in one of the jewelry stores in Southlake Mall one Christmas time, seated quietly monitoring the taxpayers. I've always enjoyed speaking with him and the boys from the fire department stopped in wishing season's greetings to their little brother in blue in the jewelry store. I think we'd finished some Maki o' Japan and were walking it off.

As we were talking to him, the K9 who had been quite asleep, opens his eyes and suddenly hits. Then puts his front paws up on the display glass while eyeing some miscreant who just happened to be right at the display counter. It truly surprised us all but the look on that kids face was something. I then asked Simon out loud "hey, doesn't he only hit on narcotics?" And we all chuckled since the kid changed 3 colors and decided he didn't feel so good and the bathroom was now the place to be.

Simon said that was the 5th time today it had happened.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    In this day and age, why would anyone go to a mall? A lot of them seem to be high crime areas and the owners seem to feel that the best way to deal with this is to harass law abiding citizens. I would rather shop online and have my purchases delivered to my door. Any wonder why malls are going belly-up?

No interest in dealing with mall-rats and "rehspect ma authoity!" security guards. I have not been to a mall in years, and don't expect to in the foreseeable future.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    In this day and age, why would anyone go to a mall? A lot of them seem to be high crime areas and the owners seem to feel that the best way to deal with this is to harass law abiding citizens. I would rather shop online and have my purchases delivered to my door. Any wonder why malls are going belly-up?

No interest in dealing with mall-rats and "rehspect ma authoity!" security guards. I have not been to a mall in years, and don't expect to in the foreseeable future.
    We go often.
    Sometimes I like going other times I am dragged in.

On days where weather doesn't allow for a trip to the park we go and let our son get some of his energy out.

I like people watching even though I don't like most people.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

It's been 20 years since I have been to a mall. I prefer on-line shopping or supporting local businesses. As a matter of fact I use the local Ace Hardware rather than Menards. The Ace has trade retirees working there that can assist or answer questions. Where as Menards is kind of hit and miss.

Top Bottom