• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    be careful about which knife you buy, most bases have regulations on the length of blade you are allowed to carry, other than the issued knife. At Cherry Point we were not allowed to have a blade over 4", I'm sure most bases were the same way.

Talk to your MCMAP instructor about what knife to get, they know best.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    My advice.... Cool your jets for a bit. Get thru 2nd increment and get your commission. You will then have 6-7 months of Basic School to get under your belt. You will get plenty of advice there on what is best for you under the circumstances you are in.

IF you are lucky enought to be selected to be an 03, you can see what the other 2nd and 1st lieutenants are carrying and see what the 1st Sergeant, XO and CO want to see their 2nd lieutenants in. Believe me, for a brand new 2nd lieutenant,these are the men you need to impress. "Having been there - done that" I assure you that you don't want to show up looking like Rambo on steroids when everybody else (especially your CO, 1stSgt, company gunny or platoon sergeant) doesn't! And the CO and 1st Sergeant will set the dress standard!

If you are not lucky enough to be selected to be an 03, a two blade swiss army knife will suffice.

Top Bottom