• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    May I ask what they were saying? I went through the same thing, as far as people complaining about them being "tight" and tending to malfunction in the first couple hundred rounds. The only thing I did was put on a Mechanix glove and rack the slide back and forth 150-200 times when I first bought it to "break it in." Sounds stupid, but the slide was VERY tight brand new and after racking it back and forth before firing for the first time, it has performed flawlessly and the slide is very smooth.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Quite a few complaints about problems with kahrs on the internet which kind of have me spooked a little bit about carrying it and trusting my life with it.

I recall a few posts on INGO about magazine followers having issues. Between my father and I, we've owned: 3 CM9s, 2 CW9s, and a P40 Covert. On my CM9, the extractor launched itself out of the gun. It still fired properly through 2 magazines before I noticed. Kahr fixed it for free (minus one way shipping) and I got it back within a month. Otherwise, no jams or issues.

Normally I would say buy it now and sell it locally if you don't like it...but it looks like Obama is making that a little more difficult. :rolleyes: Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about my experience with them.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Run 250 rds of ammo thru it and i promise you you'll keep it. Have I already said this is a great carry!!!

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    May I ask what they were saying? I went through the same thing, as far as people complaining about them being "tight" and tending to malfunction in the first couple hundred rounds. The only thing I did was put on a Mechanix glove and rack the slide back and forth 150-200 times when I first bought it to "break it in." Sounds stupid, but the slide was VERY tight brand new and after racking it back and forth before firing for the first time, it has performed flawlessly and the slide is very smooth.

Basically that the magazines aren't reliable, mostly the extended magazines.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I really like the trigger, the bar/dot sights, weight, accuracy, reliability and price point. No troubles with it for the 3+ years I've carried and fired it.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    You'll be fine with the flush six rounders. I've not really read any complaints against those. Only a few complaints against the extended magazines causing reliability issues, and even that is rare. I just carry mine with the 6 rounders now to play it safe.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I had one, it was decent, but it was the only gun I had at the time and wanted something a little larger for my primary ccw. I also thought it was a bit snappy.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    My experience with my CM9.

I bought it to have something in 9mm and smaller than my G27. Price point, appearance, online reviews, etc... fit the bill perfectly for what I was looking for. I found one locally for a good price and picked it up. Being semi new to guns, especially handguns, I had to ask how to break it down. It most certainly wasn't as easy as the Glock. Was it hard? Not really, just not as simple and straight forward. Add to the fact how tight they are when new, it was a bit of a struggle. Figured it out, got used to it, it loosened up a bit and it was no longer a "problem". I had an iwb holster made for it by PJHolster or PHolster or something like that. It carried great. Compared to my G27, it disappeared as soon as I put it on. Lot of people pocket carry them. I couldn't. I was just never a big fan of having things that big in my pockets.

The shooting part is what killed it for ME. I will preface it by saying overall, it was a very nice shooting gun. I personally had a couple problems with it. No matter what I did, I could never get the first shot on paper. Didn't matter if it was cold or warmed up. Didn't matter if I shot quick or took my time. Out of the 40-50 mags I ran through it, I may have put my first shot out of a mag on paper 3 or 4 times. The rest of the rounds I could always put in a 4" or less circle with no problems. It was just that first shot in every mag. This was bought as a carry piece not a range piece. That never settled with me. I couldn't feel comfortable carrying it. I kinda need that first round to count if I am depending on it.

The second problem I had was that it is a very snappy gun. The G27 is a known snappy gun and this thing was way worse than my Glock. A couple things come into play here. First, I have girly wrists and a bit of arthritis and maybe some carpel tunnel. Second the checkering on the grip is a little aggressive for my taste. It would wear the webbing between my thumb and forefinger raw after 60-70 shots. 40-50 shots is where my wrist would start to hurt. By the time I hit 80 shots, I was in pain between my wrist and the grip rubbing my hand.

Although it wasn't a good fit for me, it is a great little gun for what it is. Price is right, size is good, trigger is excellent, and it's a really nice looking gun to boot.

My advice is to get a few hundred rounds down range and see how it fits. If you are looking for a range toy, I don't think this is it. Just my opinion.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    My experience: I carry either a CM9 or p380 all of the time. I have short meaty hands and have a hard time wrapping my hands around a double stack comfortably in most cases. CM9 works like a champ for me. Of the two (p380 vs CM9) I'm a much better shot with the CM9. Both triggers are the same. Not sure why, but the CM9 is simply better for me. I don't find it snappy, but hey, that's me. Have not had any other problems. I've use a few of the extended mags without incident, but normally only use the flush ones.

I pocket carry both - although I can understand why someone would find it large (it's smaller than any glock, etc.)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    As someone who learned many years ago how to accurately fire a revolver double-action, the trigger on the Kahr CM9 is a great fit for me, as it is relatively light weight and smooth. I'm not a fan of Glock triggers and I gave them quite a lot of trying. The recoil is very manageable. I haven't had any malfunctions with mine, but I bought mine used. I've run quite a variety of reloads and factory ammo through mine. My SIL had a couple of malfunctions in his brand new CM9 with his first couple of magazines, then it ran like a sewing machine. We only use the 6 round mags. Mine has a Crimson Trace sight and I like it a lot. I only shoot mine at relatively short distances, i.e. 7 and 15 yards. Little guns are just too hard to shoot at greater distances because of the short sight radius. Not all guns are the right fit, so if you get a chance to shoot before buying, dive in. If you decide to go with the Kahr make sure that you break it in before carrying it for personal protection.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    If you decide to carry it, you may want to hit up @hpclayto ...

He made me a custom OWB holster for my CM9. I'm actually wearing it right now:

ba123tE.jpg

I put my coat on, and it's gone.

I'm not usually a fan of kydex OWB holsters since I think leather holsters just look better... but I'm still concealing this anyway. Just much more comfortable to wear OWB with a coat over it.

For IWB I use a Shepherd Holster, made in the US. Found it on Amazon. Also sometimes use a Galco pocket holster but I can't stand pocket carry, so uncomfortable to have stuff in my front pockets BUT it makes for a good coat pocket carry. :)

I also have a N8[SUP]2[/SUP] Tactical holster I'd sell ya' cheap if interested. I never use it, but it's super comfy. I just don't like appendix or small of the back carry, and that is where that holster works best...

I hope you enjoy the Kahr! Feel free to check out PM and CM Series Pistols too. Good little community. Member over there by the name of Jocko is a fellow Hoosier but I don't think he's an INGO member... He has a PM9 with supposedly over 25,000 rounds through it and it's still going strong. His custom PM9 is here: Jocko's Custom PM9 (need to sign in to see the images)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you decide to carry it, you may want to hit up @hpclayto ...

He made me a custom OWB holster for my CM9. I'm actually wearing it right now:

ba123tE.jpg

I put my coat on, and it's gone.

I'm not usually a fan of kydex OWB holsters since I think leather holsters just look better... but I'm still concealing this anyway. Just much more comfortable to wear OWB with a coat over it.

For IWB I use a Shepherd Holster, made in the US. Found it on Amazon. Also sometimes use a Galco pocket holster but I can't stand pocket carry, so uncomfortable to have stuff in my front pockets BUT it makes for a good coat pocket carry. :)

I also have a N8[SUP]2[/SUP] Tactical holster I'd sell ya' cheap if interested. I never use it, but it's super comfy. I just don't like appendix or small of the back carry, and that is where that holster works best...

I hope you enjoy the Kahr! Feel free to check out PM and CM Series Pistols too. Good little community. Member over there by the name of Jocko is a fellow Hoosier but I don't think he's an INGO member... He has a PM9 with supposedly over 25,000 rounds through it and it's still going strong. His custom PM9 is here: Jocko's Custom PM9 (need to sign in to see the images)
    Interesting. I've been looking for a holster like that to fit my CM9 with Crimson Trace.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Appreciate all the great info guys! You guys talked me into it, im going to take it to the range this weekend and shoot 200 rounds. I left the slide locked back last night and all day today while at work, came home and racked it about 200 times and it seems like it's loosening up. Now i need to take it down give it a good cleaning and lube it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I liked mine so much I bought a spare. First thing I recommend is put a set of Talon grips on it. 2nd is, a Talon IWB holster. What attracted me to the CM9 was how small it is, and how easy it is to carry. The extremely loong trigger pull takes some getting used to, especially if you are like me and favor a SA trigger. But it is as smooth as butter. Accuracy is good. I can shoot my P938 better. Reliability is excellent. I do have 8 or 9 flush 6 round mags, no problems, but frequently do have trouble with the 7 round mag. I carry one every day. Keep looking for something better, but have not found it yet. Wear seemed to be an issue, but don't worry when the plastic looks chewed up. It stops after the first couple hundred rounds. and besides, the plastic only guides the slide during reassembly. It actually rides on stainless steal front and back during firing. Take it out and let us know what you think.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    I liked mine so much I bought a spare. First thing I recommend is put a set of Talon grips on it. 2nd is, a Talon IWB holster. What attracted me to the CM9 was how small it is, and how easy it is to carry. The extremely loong trigger pull takes some getting used to, especially if you are like me and favor a SA trigger. But it is as smooth as butter. Accuracy is good. I can shoot my P938 better. Reliability is excellent. I do have 8 or 9 flush 6 round mags, no problems, but frequently do have trouble with the 7 round mag. I carry one every day. Keep looking for something better, but have not found it yet. Wear seemed to be an issue, but don't worry when the plastic looks chewed up. It stops after the first couple hundred rounds. and besides, the plastic only guides the slide during reassembly. It actually rides on stainless steal front and back during firing. Take it out and let us know what you think.

Awesome! How many rounds have you shot?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Awesome! How many rounds have you shot?

Lol. I never count. My shooting range is in my back yard. If I would guess, probably close to 1000 rounds between the 2. I did send one back once. I had a spring issue with one, causing the slide to not lock back. Another reason to have 2 of whatever you carry. By the way, I thought their customer service was ok. As a wise man on INGO once said, any mechanical device can break. Always good to have a spare even with a tough and reliable firearm like a CM9. Even a Glock can break! Lol

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    As far as accuracy of the CM9, it all depends upon how educated a trigger finger one has. This only at 7 yards, but it'll do.

Top Bottom