• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    So I am getting close to pulling the trigger on buying a CM9. But then I heard of the Diamondback DB9. Anyone have experience with both, or either and willing to share their story/experiences? I saw that Que and someone else have posted problems with their DB9 and I want something very dependable for everyday carry. I have yet to find to many experiences on the CM9s. Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have had a Kahr K9 and an E9. both were reliable and the K9 was scary accurate. I played with the DB9 today at my LGS and it was very small and felt NICE. I think I will give the DB9 a try. I had a DB380 and had problems, I guess I will give them another chance.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I've said this about a thousand times in this website, so once more. The PM9, the CM9's more expensive older brother is and has been my almost constant companion since it was first released. I trust my life with it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    DB9 doesn't like some hollow points, but other than that it's good to go. If you want to try it out, hit me up and we can meet at MCF&G.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    So I am getting close to pulling the trigger on buying a CM9. But then I heard of the Diamondback DB9. Anyone have experience with both, or either and willing to share their story/experiences? I saw that Que and someone else have posted problems with their DB9 and I want something very dependable for everyday carry. I have yet to find to many experiences on the CM9s. Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My initial review:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/154628-kahr_cm9_first_impressions.html

Have fired another 100 rounds and plan 100 too 200 more this weekend, probably including some of my usual carry load. It has been a fine pistol thus far.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I found a trade deal on a PM9 at Cosner's and I could not be more satisfied.
    I was this close || to buying a CM9 at PSS when I found it. (sorry Bob)
    I have fondled the DB9's and have been pretty excited about them but there is NO comparison in the triggers.
    The Kahr is smoother and lighter like a really nice double action relvolver.

My vote is CM9 all the way.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I appreciate the offer Que. That was very generous of you.

No problem, anytime. I would love to see a side-by-side comparison of the two guns. I have to admit I never even considered the Kahr, as it's too big for me to comfortably ankle or pocket carry. Maybe me and Fenway can get together to compare the two and do a video? ;)

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah, that would be awesome. I hope the Kahr at least feeds HP. I would be more comfortable if i can use HP if I am carrying a 9mm.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yeah, that would be awesome. I hope the Kahr at least feeds HP. I would be more comfortable if i can use HP if I am carrying a 9mm.

The DB9 doesn't like Hornady very much, but everything else feeds perfectly. If appears Hornady is a mm too long and too pointy. This is the only issue I have had.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I would stick with the Kahr.

I don't have any experience with the DB but I've shot Kahrs pretty extensively. Outside of a stiff break in period, the Kahrs I've shot have been great.

Top Bottom