• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I picked up an extended mag for my CM9 over the weekend and didn't have much luck with it. It would fail to load first 3-4 rounds then run the rest just fine. Has anyone else had experience with extended mags in a CM9? :dunno:

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I picked up an extended mag for my CM9 over the weekend and didn't have much luck with it. It would fail to load first 3-4 rounds then run the rest just fine. Has anyone else had experience with extended mags in a CM9? :dunno:

Nose dive or what? Is it the 3 and 4 rounds or all the first 4? Sometimes the magazines release catches the magazines follower.

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    My CM9 and P9 Covert have never had problems with functional 7- and 8-round magazines. I have an old 8-rounder that I got used which has messed-up feel lips, and that can give them both problems.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Lots of good info at KahrTalk forum too. If you search around there a little you will find that the extended magazines don't have a great reputation for being reliable. It seems that the standard 6 rounders are the way to go. You're kind of defeating the purpose of the small, concealable 9mm with the extended mags, IMO.

The standard 6 round mag that came with my cm9 has worked flawlessly so far, I haven't purchased any backup mags yet, but i'll probably get the 6 rounder when I do.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    One of the common problems I hear about FTF, is specific to how tight you are holding the grips, causing a slight amount of pressure on the extended mag causing a slight misalignment. Just enough to cause a failure to feed. Try adjusting grip, making sure to keep clear of pressure on the mag.

Wife had this very similar issue with her PM40.

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    One of the common problems I hear about FTF, is specific to how tight you are holding the grips, causing a slight amount of pressure on the extended mag causing a slight misalignment. Just enough to cause a failure to feed. Try adjusting grip, making sure to keep clear of pressure on the mag.

I was starting to read the same. I bet that is the issue. I probably was trying to get a better grip by taking advantage of the size of the mag. Hopefully I can experiment soon. It was too cold Saturday to stay out long. I was visiting family in NW Indiana and stopped in at JP. (Jasper/Pulaski) and had the whole range to myself in the morning. :D

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    Lots of good info at KahrTalk forum too. If you search around there a little you will find that the extended magazines don't have a great reputation for being reliable. It seems that the standard 6 rounders are the way to go. You're kind of defeating the purpose of the small, concealable 9mm with the extended mags, IMO.

The standard 6 round mag that came with my cm9 has worked flawlessly so far, I haven't purchased any backup mags yet, but i'll probably get the 6 rounder when I do.

I agree. I keep the standard mag in it while cc'ing, 2nd mag in pocket, but I thought that would be handy to have a larger capacity handy. The 6 round standards are flawless. I haven't found a single round yet that refuses to feed on the standard mag.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have had a CM9 and loved it. Only used 6 round mags. I had a CW9 with the 7 round mags and shot IDPA with it. I had a few that would drop on second round. I converted that CW9 to a Covert to except 6 round Mags and it worked perfect with the 6 rounders. I believe the 6 rounders work and the 7 rounders have issues. Not all because I have heard that some people have no problems at all. I just purchased another CM9 and it works perfect and I would never rely on 7 round mags,not worth the extra round. Jim

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County

+1

Top Bottom