• ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    0620131025_zpsfd54e8b0.jpg

0620131046b_zpsb7379536.jpg

Wow! I love the feel of the Talon grips I just put on my CM9 this morning. I thought the front of the grip was a little rough, and an INGO member had mentioned Talon grips, so I googled it. 3 days later I get a little envolope in the mail. I'm thinking, that can't be it. Not much to them, but it was just what I was looking for.:D

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    That looks great. Is it a basically a skate board tape type thing?
    Kinda. You can get the sand paper type, but I went for the newer rubber type. You pull off the back, stick them on, then heat them with a blow dryer, work them in. Repeat a couple more times and they become part of the gun. Very nice. :cool:

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    +1 for Talon grips. I have them on a lot of my smaller carry guns in that rubber texture. Have a CM9 just like yours with that setup. I also use the sandpaper texture on some of the larger pistols I don't intend to conceal.

scattergunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Do those stay stuck to the gun well, or do they peel up in the corners after a short time. I have been thinking about getting some for my Kahr, but thought they would peel up like a phone screen protector.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    +1 for Talon grips. I have them on a lot of my smaller carry guns in that rubber texture. Have a CM9 just like yours with that setup. I also use the sandpaper texture on some of the larger pistols I don't intend to conceal.

I'm pretty sure your mention of the Talon grips was the one I was referring to. Thanks for putting it out there.:yesway:

Do those stay stuck to the gun well, or do they peel up in the corners after a short time. I have been thinking about getting some for my Kahr, but thought they would peel up like a phone screen protector.

Just put them on today, they seem like they are there to stay. From what I have read on other posts, they are very durable. I have another CM9 coming next week. I will be ordering another set for it. If you get them, make sure and follow the instructions. I don't think you will be disappointed.:D

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    They make a good product. I've had them on my CM9 for about a year. No peeling at all and easily 1000+ rounds through it in that time while being a big(in terms of time spent in the holster anyway) part of my carry rotation.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've had the Talon grips on my CM9 for about a year. They have made a noticeable difference for me when it comes to feeling I have complete control of it. Prior to putting them on my grip just did not feel all that secure given a smaller grip in a bigger hand.

Before putting them on use some kind of spirits to degrease the area. Then take your time pitting them in place. Then use a hair dryer and warm them up while pressing them down. I wrapped mine in a dish towel and used inner tube bands to let them set up for a day. They have stayed in place since.:twocents:

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Congrats!

I love the Talon grips on my CM9. They really feel stock and not at all sandpaperish like they look. Let me know how they hold up to heavy shooting with you.

Top Bottom