• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    CW380 is slightly shorter in length; height, width and weight are a wash.

Sights are a wash.

CW380 has a much better trigger.

BG380 has a manual safety and built-in laser.

Extended factory magazines are available for the CW380.

CW380 is more attractively priced.

gncc600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Lafayette
    Just got a Kahr P380.... and love it! Wish they had the CW in stock I could have saved a lot of money but it wanted to come home with me.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey man didn't see this thread until I was doing a holster search. I bought a CW380 almost a month ago… It's well worth the money. I am very pleased and I would recommend it for anyone at this price point I would never hesitate… I talked to my guy at the gun store though and got put on the list earlier this year so I got the first and as far as I know the only one that came in, hopefully they start popping up soon!

dsears

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indiana
    I don't have a comparison to offer but I have a story concerning the CW380 I purchased one before Thanksgiving and ran about 30 rounds through it a few days later. The gun would jam about every other round. On leaving the range a Gentleman saw I was shooting a Kahr and asked if I was having any problems with jams too. I ended up sending the pistol back to Kahr to have the extractor repaired. I ran 50 rounds through last night and had several jams. The manual states there is a break in required of 200 rounds for reliable feeding. Is that normal for Kahr? Once I get additional ammo I plan on getting it to the break in point. I will update if interested?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm interested. I've picked a couple of the Bodyguards here and there discounted from people who haven't liked them, and aside from the VERY long trigger I like them a lot - but the wife struggles with the trigger, so I'm interested in having her look at the Kahr if it is or can become reliable.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I don't have a comparison to offer but I have a story concerning the CW380 I purchased one before Thanksgiving and ran about 30 rounds through it a few days later. The gun would jam about every other round. On leaving the range a Gentleman saw I was shooting a Kahr and asked if I was having any problems with jams too. I ended up sending the pistol back to Kahr to have the extractor repaired. I ran 50 rounds through last night and had several jams. The manual states there is a break in required of 200 rounds for reliable feeding. Is that normal for Kahr? Once I get additional ammo I plan on getting it to the break in point. I will update if interested?

Yes that is very common until break in. I have a cw380 and occasionally it would jam under 200rds. Kahr has the tightest tolerances there is for a pistol. Until break in, keep it lubed to the max, polish the feed ramp with a stainless steel polishing compound, cotton, and a drill (seriously, do it...) and after break in it'll be one of your favorite go to guns!

dsears

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indiana
    SpaldingPM,

Thanks for the advice on the break in. I have read articles on polishing the ramp, seemed a little risky.

thanks again.

Allenicomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Carmel Indiana
    I've had numerous Kahr's including a couple of the P380s. Personally, I love 'em. They are very well made, amazingly accurate, and somewhat finiky. Couple things I've found helpful: 1) Definitely break the gun down and lub with quality gun grease. I rack the heck out of mine in addition to shooting as recommended for breakin. 2) Try a variety of ammo...you'll find that some work better than others. Once I find the one or two that work...I stay with those. Kahr's are designed to hand round nosed type ammo. 3) Check/test the mags. Confirm that the follower and spring have been installed correctly. By doing the above, I just don't have problems with my Kahr's. They've become my favorite carry weapon.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The manual states there is a break in required of 200 rounds for reliable feeding. Is that normal for Kahr?

Yes, Kahr recommends a ~200rd break-in period for all their pistols. That said, I've owned eight different Kahrs over the past 10 years, and only one of them (the PM9 I just got) has had any kind of malfunctions right out of the gate. The PM started out having a failure to battery at least once every magazine; by the time I had put 100 rounds through it, that had dropped to once every 3-4 magazines. I anticipate complete reliability once I've fired it some more (fingers crossed!).

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Kahr all the way.

That is a BIG +1

I have NEVER had a break in period necessary for a Kahr....and I have owned many more than a few dating back to 1995! They are accurate, dependable, reliable, concealable, and affordable ("C" series only of course!)
    NEVER a complaint or problem...ZERO!

Only negative? Can't say I am a big fan of their customer service...sadly!

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The PM started out having a failure to battery at least once every magazine; by the time I had put 100 rounds through it, that had dropped to once every 3-4 magazines. I anticipate complete reliability once I've fired it some more (fingers crossed!).

An update - the PM has 400 rounds through it now. In the last 100 rounds, I only experienced (2) failures to battery, so hopefully the issue is just about licked.

Top Bottom