• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I just shot a CW9 belonging to a friend and fellow INGO'er last week. It behaved exactly like my P9, which cost a couple hundred bucks more. I was pleasantly surprised.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Personally, I'd like to steer you away for sure from the CW-40.

I had one for a little while. Until, that is, MY FRAME BROKE.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/6722-frickin_kahr.html

And then I still had problems:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/8257-kahr_report_strange_malfunction.html

My good friend had a P-45 for a short time. HIS P-45 was crappy. Failures to feed, slide stop not working 100% of the time as well as dropping the slide when a mag was inserted...

Recoil from the CW-40 wasn't much fun with target ammo. It was downright brutal with defensive ammo. (could only take a few mags worth of some 155gr Federal JHP I bought)

Recoil from the P-45 wasn't much fun, either. Wasn't "brutal" with .45+p...but I wouldn't want to make a habit out of it.

If you're thinking CW pistols... PLEASE consider the CW-9.

MY opinion is that Kahr's polymer frames are by FAR best suited to 9mm than anything else.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    should also add:

Just about every Kahr thread that I come across makes me wish I'd have purchased a CW-9 and not a CW-40.

-J-

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    I love my Kahr!

I just purchased a CW9 today, and must say I think it has already become my favorite gun. This thing is perfectly awesome in every way. Great trigger, lightweight, reliable, thin, looks great, and shoots awesome. I can't believe how nice the recoil is and how quickly I can get back on target after each shot. If your thinking about a Taurus 709 slim, Keltec pf9 or p11, or even a S&W 3913 (which I thought was the primo single stack 9mm available), forget it and get a CW9. I can't praise this thing enough. I love it. 100 perfect rounds so far, will shoot another 100 in the morning. Did I mention it seems like a super high quality pistol??

I just became a Kahr fan. The only downside is people who only like high capacity guns won't like that its only 7 +1.

Todd

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    kahr

Gamez... I purchased my cw9 in your shop today! Was up in Ft Wayne for a business meeting and stopped by and my way back to Anderson. Everyone seemed nice in the shop and service was great.

thanks!

Todd

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've owned my cw9 for 2 years and 0 problems. Carry everyday, easy to shoot, great trigger, a good 15 yard gun, affordable and easy to find ammo.
    The 40 has had frame/rail issues and it is "snappy" to shoot and not fun for shooting for an extended amount of time.
    Only thing I regret - didn't get night sights
    Great fan of Kahr and I'm waiting to see what they produce since they bought Magnum Research - the maker of the Dessert Eagle.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I purchased my CW9 about two years ago, and have been carrying it everyday since. For me it is the perfect size and weight and disappears IWB. For thirty years I have carried everything from a Llama 45, a Beretta 9mm, a smith snub nose .38, a Charter Arms .44, a Jennings 9mm, A Taurus .38, and a Dan Wesson .357. All of those guns had something which made it uncomfortable to carry, so often I would not carry because of the size, weight, or holster that I had. With the CW9 it is so easy to carry I always take it with me, so based on the ease of carry, buy it you won't be disappointed.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I carry the CW9. It is fantastic and reliable. The only thing that would be better would be night sites (cw9 has fixed and can't be replaced) and perhaps a higher capacity; but then it wouldn't be so dang thin which is why it is so nice to carry.

Hundreds of rounds and it has NEVER failed to fire.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I had a CW45 and it was a great gun. The trigger is nice, once you get used to it. I traded it in on something else I had to have and have been thinking of getting another ever since. I carry P40 in the summer time. Kahrs are great little carry guns.

Top Bottom