• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    My PM9 is my go to summer time or deep conceal gun. It's been flawless for at least 1000 rounds, probably way more but I don't count. They are not "fun" to shoot at the range (read: snappy as h3ll), but as far as a carry piece, you will be hard pressed to find a better one in my opinion. I put a pierce extension on it, and I shoot it a lot better.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Love my PM9. I use it mostly in winter as a pocket gun. Two more rounds than a S&W Airweight, spare 7 round magazine in the other pocket.

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    I have a CW-9 for my EDC, carry it with a 7round mag in it and carry two 8round mags on the other side. I have put an untold number of rounds through all three mags without a problem. The gun and mags were used when I bought them, so I really don't know how many rounds have been put through them total. I have put at least a thousand rounds through them myself.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    My wife bought a CW9 a couple of years ago and he really likes it. She put several hundred rounds through it. She had a couple of failure to eject within the 200 round break in period. One of the followers in one of the mags broke. I called Kahr and they sent me a replacement follower.

Present day, my wife decided the CW9 is a little too big for her to conceal so she has stolen my .380. I am actively looking for a CM9 for her. I have been carrying the CW9 some. It conceals so nicely. I really like the size and feel of the CW9. I hate the trigger though and I am not very accurate with it. I am use the trigger on my xDms. I will say the Kahr's trigger is VERY smooth, it's just a very long pull and long reset. I sometimes find the mag hard to lock. I have 3 mags total and all are Kahr. I have a Remora & a Bianchi 100 IWB holster. I can carry the CW9 in the Bianchi wearing running shorts without an issue. I'm sure the CW9 would be wonderful to carry OWB.

I have been thinking about buying a Shield but I think I have decided to spend some time shooting the CW9. I will probably get the Shield at some point. I also want a 357 so I need to get use to the DA triggers.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    My wife bought a CW9 a couple of years ago and he really likes it. She put several hundred rounds through it. She had a couple of failure to eject within the 200 round break in period. One of the followers in one of the mags broke. I called Kahr and they sent me a replacement follower.

Present day, my wife decided the CW9 is a little too big for her to conceal so she has stolen my .380. I am actively looking for a CM9 for her. I have been carrying the CW9 some. It conceals so nicely. I really like the size and feel of the CW9. I hate the trigger though and I am not very accurate with it. I am use the trigger on my xDms. I will say the Kahr's trigger is VERY smooth, it's just a very long pull and long reset. I sometimes find the mag hard to lock. I have 3 mags total and all are Kahr. I have a Remora & a Bianchi 100 IWB holster. I can carry the CW9 in the Bianchi wearing running shorts without an issue. I'm sure the CW9 would be wonderful to carry OWB.

I have been thinking about buying a Shield but I think I have decided to spend some time shooting the CW9. I will probably get the Shield at some point. I also want a 357 so I need to get use to the DA triggers.

ooo that reminds me. One of the followers (plastic) broke in one of my magazines as well. Kahr sent me a replacement as well. Kinda of weird and scary that they would just snap. The plastic didn't seem as "dense" as the kind in a glock magazine. Seemed like a "glossy" type of plastic.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    ooo that reminds me. One of the followers (plastic) broke in one of my magazines as well. Kahr sent me a replacement as well. Kinda of weird and scary that they would just snap. The plastic didn't seem as "dense" as the kind in a glock magazine. Seemed like a "glossy" type of plastic.

I agree. The followers appear to be cheap.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had an issue with a CW series. Called the factory and they gave me the run around and pretty much blew me off. Hung up the phone and posted it in the classy section.

Gun is gone and never again will there be a Kahr anything in my collection. Glock only now and suggest the same to anyone looking to buy a pistol.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I love my CM9...

f8W6ImV.png

I've stippled it, had a INGO member cerakote it black and install some Dawson Precision night sights on it and I've polished the barrel and slide stop. Will polish the trigger eventually too, just haven't felt like taking it that far apart to get to it.

I've had one failure with this and I believe that was a result of using the 7rd extended mags instead of the flush fit and provided 6 round mags. No issues with the standard 6 round mags. I trust it to go bang every time.

I carry my CM9 every day. I love the thing. I CC most of the time and it's great for that. I do suggest the rubber grip like in the picture above. It needs the additional grip because it does jump around a little bit due to its size and weight. My daughter was going to buy one but didn't care for the stiff recoil spring. My wife doesn't either. I have had a follower break after hitting the ground during move and fire drills. Good luck.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I had an issue with a CW series. Called the factory and they gave me the run around and pretty much blew me off. Hung up the phone and posted it in the classy section.

Gun is gone and never again will there be a Kahr anything in my collection. Glock only now and suggest the same to anyone looking to buy a pistol.
    Pretty well my experience with them and a new CW. They don't even want to talk to you until you say its got over 200 rounds thru it. Go to the Kahr forums for answers. I swear some of the members there must be gunsmiths, great tech advice. Several simple fixes and your new Kahr will run like a well oiled Pez dispenser. Never give up on a Kahr.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Pretty well my experience with them and a new CW. They don't even want to talk to you until you say its got over 200 rounds thru it. Go to the Kahr forums for answers. I swear some of the members there must be gunsmiths, great tech advice. Several simple fixes and your new Kahr will run like a well oiled Pez dispenser. Never give up on a Kahr.

Why buy a new gun that needs time and money right out of the box.

Glock and be done.

Was real disappointed in Kahr overall

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It took me a lot of years to jump on the Kahr bandwagon. Having cut my teeth on revolvers, the transition to the CM9 trigger wasn't hard. Mine was bought used and has been flawless. My SIL bought one and his runs 100%. I have a Crimson Trace laser sight on mine and I feel confident at close range. This target was only shot at 7 yards, but it gives you the idea about the Kahr.
    ://s72.photobucket.com/user/BEMIKE/media/010.jpg.html]
    010.jpg
    [/URL]

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've owned about 7 different Kahr pistols over the last decade or so. I like them. Never owned a C-series pistol, but had a PM9 for a minute. Then the Glock 43 came out. :D Now the only Kahrs in my safe are my wife's stainless K9, and the P380 I carry as a second gun every day.

In my experience, OP, Kahrs are quite reliable – much more so than the Diamondback DB9 you are also thinking about. And my place of employment happens to have a good deal going on the CM9 right now, if you're still looking. ;)

Top Bottom