• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Anybody shoot one just put one on layaway ,went out last sunday an saw it at store did the backround check an it was delayed 2 days couldn't get in till today.From research on web either you love them or hate them.Wondering if the sequester cuts are affecting the F.B.I.

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    I have had two Kahrs, one K9 and what I have today which is a hybrid 40cal... forget what its called but it has the standard length slide and the smaller frame. Both are/were all steel frames. The K9 was one of the most accurate pistols I have owned and my 40 is close. The only down side to either of them is weight. The poly frame should solve that. Why more people dont like them is beyond me.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Thanks ,from what i read on the web gun has a Lothar Walter match barrel so should really shoot .Said recoil is snappy ,but same was said about sp101 ,after shooting Ruger it wasn't a factor so will take a chance on the Kahr.

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    Kahr makes great defensive weapons. You will notice that everything is crisp and to the point.

The DAO trigger is crisp and clean with enough safety in the pull. They are as accurate as a gun of this size can be and everything appears well designed.

I want a double stack Glock for competition, but my Kahr will always be my primary carry weapon.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I had one of these for a bit, tiny well made gun, but wanted to jump out of my hand badly. Recoil didn't really hurt, but you had to have a really firm grip with two hands. I actually found the gun easier to shoot one handed, as my arm took most of the jumpy energy out of the gun. Mine was very reliable, but I ended up selling it of and buying a Walther PPS in 9mm to replace the PM. I still like Kahr, and own a P380, but the PPS fits a bit better for me. They are fun at the range for a couple of magazines, just be sure to hold on tight.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    PM 40

A friend from our gun club has one and I shot it. It has heavy recoil IMO.
    I have owned most KAHR's and I would never buy one of these. I owned
    PM 45 witch was great IMO. Less recoil. Good luck

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    After only shooting a few rounds off the deck took the pm40 to range,went through about 170 rounds 0f 180gr fmj and wasn't impressed by the accuracy might be my technique .Any other Kahr pm40 shooters out there and what shoots best out of yours?

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a Kahr PM40 as my EDC. I need deep concealment and this baby does the job. I only shoot FMJ bulk ammo. I can never get it to feed hollow points reliably. Now that you have shot it, you know how much recoil you can expect. I would call it snappy for a few magazines and downright harsh for 200 rounds.

The accuracy is surprising with this gun. Try experimenting with your grip. If you have large hands you may find that you have to really work on trigger technique to get really consistent results. For me, my trigger finger tip tends to bump one of my thumbs. I have to get the thumb out of the way. Also, if you are accustomed to a shorter trigger pull, you may have to get that dialed in.

Give it some time and be attentive to why the shots are not going where you want.

Good luck

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have the CM40 and its accurate as can be. As for the ammo, I'm shooting reloads so no help there to you, but I've used several brands of JHP and all work well.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I also have a CM40. It is everything you would expect from a Kahr (nice fit and finish, good trigger, accurate, and reliable) and from a .40 S&W in a tiny gun (recoil, recoil, and a bit more recoil). I find it perfectly manageable for a defensive gun. Not a ton of fun after a bunch of rounds. It should conceal really well.

I still need to pick up a pocket holster for mine, so haven't really carried it yet. I have put several rounds of white-box FMJ and a couple-dozen JHP defensive rounds through it with not a single issue. The slide (thanks to a super heavy spring) is still exceptionally stiff.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I also have a CM40. It is everything you would expect from a Kahr (nice fit and finish, good trigger, accurate, and reliable) and from a .40 S&W in a tiny gun (recoil, recoil, and a bit more recoil). I find it perfectly manageable for a defensive gun. Not a ton of fun after a bunch of rounds. It should conceal really well.

I still need to pick up a pocket holster for mine, so haven't really carried it yet. I have put several rounds of white-box FMJ and a couple-dozen JHP defensive rounds through it with not a single issue. The slide (thanks to a super heavy spring) is still exceptionally stiff.

The CM40 is my daily pocket carry. I expected a lot more recoil with the info on the web. Recoil isn't bad and the accuracy is very good. It feeds JHP's great. Overall I'm very pleased with the performance.

I have owned one for about 6-8 years. Shot 300/400 rounds thru it. A very reliable gun that I feel is about perfect for concealed carry.

These all sum up my feelings exactly.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I have question for anyone who owns or shoots the Kahr CM40. Being a subcompact gun in .40S&W, do you have problems handling the "snap" of a .40 cal with the gun being so small?

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    No problem with recoil ,pistol fits my hand well .I also shoot a Ruger sp101 357 an before i took it to the range saw a lot of comments on the web about felt recoil thought i would need new grips but after shooting it recoil wasn't bad.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    I guess im not used to the long trigger pull an might be jerking alittle, loaded the last 2 rounds up sent the target out to 25 yards that 2 round group was about 2 inches so there might be hope thanks.

Top Bottom