• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I am looking at single stack 9mm pistols for IWB carry. I know the Kahr PM9/CM9 is a bit longer than the Ruger LC9. Having said that, the Ruger is thinner than the LC9 but it weighs about 2 ounces more. I was wondering what suggestions anyone might have from research or experience as to which one I should buy.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Me too, looking for the same thing. To complicate matters, the Kimber Solo needs to be checkd out along with a SIG p290. I was leaning towards a PM9 just based on research (never held one), but struggling over the price. Eager to hear what others say.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    A big negative I see with the Kahr is you are not supposed to rack the slide and instead use the slide release. This seems a bit awkward.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Kahr makes one heck of a pistol, if I were choosing between the two it would be the Kahr. Both are small for iwb, at least to me anyway because I carry a 1911. I would have a hard time with the Ruger, the solo carry Kimber is crazy ugly to me so that would be out too. Don't get me started on these newer Sig's either, they are not even close to the old ones in quality. :)

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Actually, if you compare the specs, I believe you will find the Kahr is a half inch shorter than the Ruger. It is also a few ounces lighter while the widths are the same. Of course the PM/CM specs are identical.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FWIW, you might want to consider the CW9 if you're looking for strictly IWB and no pocket carry. They're the same width. The CW is only a half inch taller and I was able to get all 4 fingers on the grip rather than having my pinky dangling. My :twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With the CM9 being significantly cheaper than the PM9 it give it a great advantage. I have carried the PM9 virtually since it has been available, and have not had any issues with it other than forgetting it is in my pocket when I go into a criminal protection zone.

Carried in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster it is my almost constant companion.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I carry a PM9 daily and the PM40 is the same size as the PM9, I have carried the PM40 before as well, a smidgen heavier than the PM9

and a LCP on occasion for business dress***, if you like a safety then the LC9 might be good, but I could not find a smaller 9mm than a PM9,, the Keltec PF9, is similar is size but still slightly larger than the PM9 and not near the quality of a PM9, but the KelTec is half the cost

PM9 for sure, you can shoot mine if you are ever at MCFG

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I'm in favor of the LC9 after having good luck with the LCP.
    Yes, I own and agree with the LCP, but don't forget they did have a recall on the first ones that came out. I love the look of the LC9, but would want to see how it performs out on the streets for awhile before I bought one. Its probably less pricey than the Kahrs, which are fine pistols in their own right, but I don't believe any better in quality than the Rugers. JMHO.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    You still might consider a PF9 - thinner than the CM9 and less expensive. The trigger may have a long pull, but mine is smooth and not hard. Still, everything I've read gives Kahr the highest marks for trigger. If I could justify the extra cost I'd have a CM9. But I still like my PF9.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Me too, looking for the same thing. To complicate matters, the Kimber Solo needs to be checkd out along with a SIG p290. I was leaning towards a PM9 just based on research (never held one), but struggling over the price. Eager to hear what others say.
    If your looking at the P290 you might as well get the 250 instead so that you can have a more versitile platform that you can change caliber and size at will. If you want a subcompact 9,357,or 40 to CC one day or a full size 9mm the next you can do it alot cheaper than buying seperate guns!:twocents:
    I like my LC9 but have only had it about a week so the jury is still out on it.The ergo on it is great and it points very nice! Accuracy is good too.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    get the kahr...

at least they didn't directly copy off of Keltec...

Keltec Pf9 the original LC9
    images

images

However, the LC9 vs the PF-9...

LC9 is longer (6.00" vs 5.85"), taller (4.5" vs 4.3"), wider (0.90" vs 0.88"), and worst of all, heavier (17.1oz vs 12.7oz). 40% heavier!
    Plus the Ruger has a manual safety on it....:xmad:

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    get the kahr...

at least they didn't directly copy off of Keltec...

Keltec Pf9 the original LC9
    images

images

However, the LC9 vs the PF-9...

LC9 is longer (6.00" vs 5.85"), taller (4.5" vs 4.3"), wider (0.90" vs 0.88"), and worst of all, heavier (17.1oz vs 12.7oz). 40% heavier!
    Plus the Ruger has a manual safety on it....:xmad:

It may be a copy but its better made copy. Also what about all the 1911 copies out there? I love my lc9. Slide is very tight and I like the extra weight over the keltec. Less recoil.

Top Bottom