• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    Has anyone shot a PM9? How did you like it? I have a Keltec P3AT and I'm trying to find something in 9mm that is still a pocket gun. Is there something that somes close. It would be nice to have 9mm for cost of ammo and its the same as my P250.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have the PM9 and think it is a nice little gun. I originally bought it to be a pocket gun, but it has mostly been replaced in that role by my Ruger LCP. The PM9 is small enough to pocket carry in a lot of my clothes, but doesn't disappear as well as the LCP.

The PM9 is fun to shoot, fairly accurate and passed the 200 round mark without a hitch. I really like the sights on it.

Breakdown is fairly simple, but not quite as easy as one of my Glocks. the PM9 is a quality gun and you can tell that when you break it down. It should be nice because it is a little on the pricey side.

As for carry ammo, I use PowrBall 100 grain in it.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There are quite a few threads conserning the PM9 ;)

Anyway, I have one that is with me almost all the time, except when I am at work which is a criminal friendly zone. I carry it in my front pocket in a Desantis Nemisis holster, and can't say enough good about it. I have fired over 2000 rounds, it has been 100% and very accurate.

About the only problem is it is so small and light I sometimes forget I am wearing it and accidently enter criminal friendly areas.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I wanted a PM9 but the price held me back, it is only marginally lighter & smaller than the CW9 so I bought it, but the CW9 is not too big for me to use as a pocket gun, so I use a IWB Holster. My CW is very accurate and I am sure the PM9 probably is too.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't consider the PM9 to be a true "pocket gun," at least not for my normal mode of dress. I evaluated it when I was looking to replace my P32 a few years ago, and I shot one belonging to INGO member Mac238 more recently. Decidely snappier and less fun to shoot than both my larger P9, and the smaller (but smaller-caliber) P380.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    JMO, it depends on what I'm wearing as to if my PM9 is a pocket gun, OWB, IWB. I find the PM9 to be a good all around good carrying gun.
    Would not hesitate to buy another.

:ingo:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have one and really like it. It has replaced my XD9sc as my EDC. Rides in my front pocket every day in a holster from pocketholsters.com Mostly jeans but other types of pants as well. Yes, it's a "chunk" in my pocket but so was my LCP in the same type of holster - just a bit bigger and heavier, but I don't really notice it (and it's 9mm :D). It's a bit snappy to shoot but I've gotten used to that too. Got about 500 rounds through it of at least eight different types and brands with no failures of any kind.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I bought one gently used back in 2006. Since then I have carried it quite a bit in rotation with a P3AT Kel-Tec. Probably around 600 rounds through it with no problems at all. I normally carry it in a belt slide holster under a t-shirt or sweatshirt. My carry load is the 115 gr +p CorBon.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    The PM9 is great gun. I've shot a 2 day handgun course with it at 600 rds each day and never had a failure. I put hogue handall jr on the grip of mine to round it out just a little bit and that made a world of difference in comfort. I've got roughly 2000 rounds through it total now and I couldn't be happier.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    icon7.gif
    I have a PM9 that's perfect for my needs. I'm small, 5'3" on a good day and 124 lbs dripping wet, and I have no trouble concealing it at either appendix or 4 o' clock positions. It's equipped with a Crimson Trace laser and I use a Stoner 415 IWB holster (stonerholsters.com). Very comfortable and comforting. I've never had a functional problem. It is a snappy little gun, but what do you expect? There are lots of quality, reliable concealed-carry guns and I don't regret my choice at all. The Walther PPS was the runner up in my decision.
    :patriot:

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Ive got one and I really like it, I have a Fist tuckable iwb, a homemade pocket holster and a renegade ankle holster, I carry it more than any other gun, I havent had any problems, althouh you do hear about some issues, from what I understand their customer service is great

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The PM9 is great gun. I've shot a 2 day handgun course with it at 600 rds each day and never had a failure. I put hogue handall jr on the grip of mine to round it out just a little bit and that made a world of difference in comfort. I've got roughly 2000 rounds through it total now and I couldn't be happier.

+1 on the hoghe handall Jr, fattens up the grip and has he finger grooves. This made all the difference for me. I really like my PM9, It is a bit big for pocket carry for me.

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Take a look at the rohrbaugh 9s, it is about the nicest 9mm deep concealment piece you can find. Price is out of this world, but when your life depends on it, its only money.:ar15::laugh:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I like my PM9 that has performed flawlessly, and I have carried it frequently, but actually, I have been giving a little thought to selling it simply because I don't have a laser for it and I think that the Crimson Trace laser would alter the profile of the pistol enough to make it too big for pocket carry.

I should say that, in the winter, if I'm not wearing enough clothing to conceal my G19, I pocket carry a stainless steel S&W 640 in .357 mag with a CT grip, and mostly reserve the PM9 for summer carry when the 640 would be just too big and heavy in shorts. I'm still mulling over my carry options for this summer, trying to decide if I want to keep the PM9 or switch to doing IWB carry of the 640. I hope to soon receive an NAA Guardian in .32NAA caliber, which is smaller (though not lighter) than the PM9 and might become my summer carry weapon. The CT laser for the Guardian is an actual grip replacement, so it wouldn't really make the pistol bigger as the version for the Kahr would. :dunno:

Top Bottom