• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I own a Kahr TP45 and I'd like to replace the stock sights with fiber optic sights. I do not have a sight pusher nor can I find one locally to Indianapolis.

I have tried using the Delrin Punch that came with my XS Sights. I can't get the sights to budge. I've tried adding heat and still can't get the sights to budge. Any suggestions?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I own a Kahr TP45 and I'd like to replace the stock sights with fiber optic sights. I do not have a sight pusher nor can I find one locally to Indianapolis.

I have tried using the Delrin Punch that came with my XS Sights. I can't get the sights to budge. I've tried adding heat and still can't get the sights to budge. Any suggestions?

Kahrs are probably next to SPFD XD's in their ridiculously tight sights. You might try Highsmiths in Greenfield, I know they have done a few.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have completed my job. I had to go with a Brass Punch instead of the Delrin Punch so I could give my hits a little more oomph. Both sights removed left to right. I had to file a "small" amount off each new sight to get them to go on "easily" to the mid point of the Key. I then drifted the sights into final position. Job looks good for first install on a Kahr Pistol. I had to use a touch of Birchwood-Casey Super Black in Flat Black. Next Stop is the Range to do my small adjustments, if any is needed.

Top Bottom