• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    There is no law against tools being pretty as well.....

Model28-2rotatedcropped750x.jpg

It is pretty that's for sure, But let's remember 1986 Pinecrest, FL. More than a few empty service revolvers before the shooting stopped.
    You would need a fanny pack to carry enough speed loaders to compare with a 16 round pistol and two mags on your waist.
    Well unless you have lots of real estate on you Sam Browne.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Pinecrest, FL. Also plenty of empty mags from S&W Model 459's and empty Rem 870's...in point of fact the two agents killed were carrying semi-autos.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    There is no law against tools being pretty as well...
    That is true. Tools can be pretty. And, "pretty" is in the eyes of the beholder. What is pretty to you might be different from what is pretty to me or anyone else in this thread. But, you knew that.

I have never been in law enforcement or the military, but it seems to me that when it comes to tools that are issued to you to do a job, that reliability, accuracy, and a whole 'nuther list of attributes including weight, durability, and maintainability should come before "pretty". The OP said he didn't like the look of his duty weapon. I'll bet that when the Amish mafia starts shooting at him, he will be less concerned about the look and more concerned about the reliability and accuracy.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have never had a problem with how the Glock looks. I jut never trusted a plastic gun till I tried out one of my sons Glocks. It worked fine and was accurate. The cost is what sold me on getting one. $400 for a 45 ACP, (used) that was accurate and reliable. That made for a great carry gun.

Do I like shooting it as much as my Browning High power? No way. Is it as good looking as my 1911? Not even close. What it has going for it is, it's reliable, accurate and affordable. That is hard to beat and that is why they are so popular.

Top Bottom