• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leave the paint or pitch the paint?

• Leave it

Votes: 25 78.1%
    • Pitch it

Votes: 4 12.5%
    • Who cares about paint? The answer is bacon.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I'm clearly in the minority in this thread. I'd throw it away and would hope the owners of a place I was buying would do the same. I wouldn't want to deal with their trash, and I wouldn't want someone else to deal with mine.
    But it isn’t trash, it’s the paint on the walls. That’s like saying a spare bolt for your new to you AR is trash because you don’t need it yet. Leftover paint is your houses spare parts. Now if it is some wish dot com AR bolt, or hot pink paint, sure I wouldn’t want it. But a nice green paint/SOLGW bolt or whatever color you want to imagine? I’d be happy to have it and save the money and hassle of trying to match the color again to repair any damages.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But it isn’t trash, it’s the paint on the walls. That’s like saying a spare bolt for your new to you AR is trash because you don’t need it yet. Leftover paint is your houses spare parts. Now if it is some wish dot com AR bolt, or hot pink paint, sure I wouldn’t want it. But a nice green paint/SOLGW bolt or whatever color you want to imagine? I’d be happy to have it and save the money and hassle of trying to match the color again to repair any damages.
    Oh no, I get that. But I'm more likely to repaint a new place rather than trying to keep it as is. That's just me though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hyperbole much? Its far from "trash" or "hazardous waste" unless it is paint you just happen to have laying around that doesnt match anything on the walls. :rolleyes: Should I also throw away the NIB spare sump pump I keep on hand for emergencies when I move? wouldnt want to leave junk for the new owners.

Oh no, I get that. But I'm more likely to repaint a new place rather than trying to keep it as is. That's just me though.
    See post #14. Give them the option.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Since almost no modern construction makes access panels for plumbing, and Indiana does not seem to know what electrical conduit is, any repair ends up being a "cut a hole and patch drywall" ordeal. Those 1/4 cans of left over matching paint have bailed me out multiple times at several addresses.

My middle bedroom was painted with two gallons of two different colors I mixed together. I did not want to waste the paint and the wife liked the color. It would be really tough to match that one again.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hyperbole much? Its far from "trash" or "hazardous waste" unless it is paint you just happen to have laying around that doesnt match anything on the walls. :rolleyes: Should I also throw away the NIB spare sump pump I keep on hand for emergencies when I move? wouldnt want to leave junk for the new owners.

See post #14. Give them the option.
    Not to mention latex paint is easily disposed of in most jurisdictions as it's generally not considered hazardous and most "hazardous" trash days, etc won't take it for that reason.

Top Bottom