• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :dunno:Isn't Medicare government handout? How can one reasonably ask the government to keep its hands off Medicare?:scratch:

Clearly, "What we have here is a failure to communicate." (Cool Hand Luke—to the best of my memory)

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yeah, there are a lot of handouts that people don't equate to the gub'mint. So I find it ironic, sad and hilarious all at the same time when I hear them rant about government spending and cutbacks in the same sentence. I listen to my parents and in-laws ***** about the feds, but defend medicare and SSI to the ends of the earth.
    I'm not prooud of the fact that my first home loan was FHA, but in my defense I was a little naive 25 years ago.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm not prooud of the fact that my first home loan was FHA, but in my defense I was a little naive 25 years ago.
    But don't you pay that back plus interest? I think that's a little different situation then medicare or social security, which are basically ponzi schemes.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    So is your Home Mortgage Interest deduction according to the article.

BTW, I pay medicare taxes, don't you?

You don't pay medicare taxes, you just pay taxes. It all goes into the same pot in the Treasury. Just because they label it as such on your pay stub, doesn't make it so. That money could just as easily be used to study how washing your penis prevents the spread of disease in African countries.

It is constitutionally illegal for the government to put tax money anywhere other than the treasury. Since the treasury constatly runs in the red, you can be well assured that you will never ever see any of "your" money.

Also, I take issue with the article. Allowing me to keep the money I have earned is not the same as me taking money from someone else. It is this thinking, that deductions and credits are "federal spending", that is leading us down the dark hole of oblivion.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    But don't you pay that back plus interest? I think that's a little different situation then medicare or social security, which are basically ponzi schemes.
    Yeah, that's true, however the people who loaned me the money (the citizens) aren't the ones who get that principal and interest. Not to mention they were never asked if they wanted to loan me the money in the first place.

Top Bottom