• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't talk about my preps openly. My family has been briefed on same. I only associate with my crew when it comes to prepping and training hard. None of my preps are visible. My lifestyle lends itself to prepping in the open: outdoorsy, Jeep driving, adventure racing, camping, hiking, etc.

I buy food on sale. I don't buy large quantities or in bulk or by the case. I use cash on dry goods. I trade and barter for other stuff.

I don't talk about Fight Club.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Like a mother bird, I eat all surplus food before arriving home, regurgitate it into mylar bladders, which I then vacuum seal.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The trick is, when you buy large quantities of something, do it where other people are doing it as well. You're just another face in the crowd.

Say, buy 500 rounds of 45acp at Knob Creek. There, it doesn't look wrong, it's normal. Try that at Walmart and see what type of looks you get.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I don't care who knows what I have - finding it will be the issue.

Most (OK, most may be a bit of an exageration - many many) survivalists are former military guys. Even the most high speed low drag guys are highly supported by a deep and long reaching logistics train. I wonder how many people never realize just how much support they get logistically that allows them to operate in some of the conditions they operate in.

Take ammo for example. How many rounds of rifle ammo do you have for your favorite rifle? 100? 1,000? 10,000? 1,000,000? What's the difference between 100 and 1,000 rounds of ammunition? About 10 minutes in a sustained fight. 1,000 and 10,000? An hour. You could easily burn 10,000 in a single hour. Then what? You're out of ammo. You have a stick, and it's not a very good one. No supply train means you're done.

In a SHTF scenerio, you have to provide your own supply train. Whether that is because you prepped, you barter, or you become a pirate is immaterial. If you don't have access to food and water you'll die. It's a biological fact. If you have no ammo for that Mosin you can't protect yourself, if that was how you planned to protect yourself to begin with.

The key isn't to buy a little at a time. It's to store it in small caches in places you can find that are difficult for others to find. It's to make a plan to stay as far away from others as you can get to avoid being seen and avoid gun fights. It's to come up with scalable ways to protect yourself, your family, and your property in the event everyone potentially becomes a bad guy.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I have a website showing all that I have, where it is, and how to get, and my plans to keep it secret.

To be honest, I have not done some upgrades to my place so that it does not stand out from the street view. New stuff out my way attracts attention.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I have all the food I need, there's a trailer out back that says free food, and the recipe for soilent green lite. Cause I'm on a diet...

Top Bottom