• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I've spent some time with one. I love the size, love the bullpup design. Loading it quickly is a challenge, for me. I short stroke it fairly often. I call that MY problem, vs. the gun's problem, but I can't remember the last time I short stroked another shotgun and do it all the time with the KSG. It's very easy to handle, very 'maneuverable', very quick to point and transition. When I short stroke it, I generally have to stop, take it off my shoulder, flip it upside down or forward, and spend some time fishing around to get it cleared. A couple of times, I've had to take it apart (well... "had to", in this case, means futzed around with it long enough that I came to the conclusion that it would be faster to pop it apart rather than keep fighting with it -- probably could have fished the hull out eventually.)

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    My buddy got one, the first day we took it out we ran about 100 rounds through it of varies types of ammo. Didn't have any problems, the weapon functioned flawlessly, but our shoulders got pretty sore. The thing kicks like a mule:D

Shawno31b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I have been debating on getting one but have read that alot of people are having short stroking it. I also don't want to pay over msrp!

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I think the KSG is an interesting concept. However, I don't care much for Kel-Tec's quality. Personally, I'll wait until the Ruger version comes out. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I got one after I saw a UTS-15 at Elmore's. It is very light, it is the 2nd generation, not the initial offering, and it works very well. An angled front grip eliminated all short stroking issues, and it is easy to carry and shoot for a long time.

I recommend light loads as being a mostly plastic, bullpup design, it kicks rather hard and straight back into your shoulder. Do not attempt to shoot if you do not know proper technique! I find it very reliable and durable. 100 rounds so far and no issues other than the Rangemaster has a great deal of difficulty determining if it is unloaded during cease-fire.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The last time I found one retail it was $1200, but that was a few months ago. The UTS-15 was going for $2000. The gun I purchase was a custom engraved Friends of the NRA model and I overpaid, but then the amount overpaid is tax detectable as it is a charity event.

Top Bottom