• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Looking for another pocket pistol and would appreciate any experiences and/or sightings around local Indy area shops. Went to PSS last week first-good price on P3AT and P11 ,but no PF9's.Wife likes her P3AT mainly for it's size and dependability,but I like the 9mm better than .380 for many reasons.(price of ammo is a biggie) .KS&E had the best price on P3AT when wife bought hers there,so I may have to go back there. Anyone spot a PF9 lately? Thanks for any help or suggestions.:ingo:

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    KS&E is out of PF9's ... checked today.

Believe their next shipment is due the 22nd of Feb, but you could call them to verify.

Their number's 899.1040.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I would shoot both of them before you decide, if you can. The P3AT is not fun to shoot and should be a last resort kind of tool to carry when nothing else is available. Try it both with and without the mag extension grip. The ammo for .380 is a bit harder to find than 9mm and is much more expensive.

The PF9 is not comfortable to shoot but more so than the P3AT. Ammo is easier to find and cheaper to obtain. The PF9 is a bit bigger and therefore is easier to carry. It is a little harder to conceal, especially if you are a smaller framed guy... Very slim. YMMV!

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    .380 is more expensive, but you will also not be shooting the P3AT too often. I put about 300 rounds through mine to break it in, and fire about 50 rounds every 6 months to keep it fresh. You really can't beat the concealment for the price.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Disregard this post, I live in Tipton County where new fangled resources like that there internet thingy don't always be workin like them folks say it should.

Sorry!

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you have access to .380 ammo, get the P3AT.

I like my pf9 with the hard chrome slide very much. We'll see how it holds up through summer carry, but so far it's a sweet little 9.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I have the P3AT and don't mind the recoil at all, great little pistol. I'm now looking for the PF-9 because I would like a little bigger pistol, more power and easier to handle. The hard chrome slide is the way to go.
    If you live near a Rural King they have 380 for about $15/50.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I have both. Like most posters have said, p3at is very small and fits in your pocket, PF-9 is slightly bigger but hides in your waist band easily, more powerful, better sights. I think both have manageable recoil and so does my 110lb wife. Practice with whatever you get and both will do their job.
    note: if you're going to be carrying these a lot, I'd go for the park'ed or hard chromed versions

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    if it is intended for pocket carry or deep concealment i would go with the p3at. both are good guns, but i cant carry the pf9 in most of my pockets. good luck in your decision.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Thanks for the ideas-I just need to find a PF9 in stock somewhere to compare "hands on" I guess. P3AT is still a favorite of mine even though it is snappy and not real comfortable to shoot at the range all day. PF9 may be too big to be pocket friendly.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I have both. Like both. My only gripe is the PF9 doesn't fit any of my pockets. I can make both a lot more pleasant to shoot for cheap.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Don't discount the PF9 as a pocket carry option until you check one out yourself. I have had no issues carrying it in my pocket and is in fact exactly what I bought it for.

It seems to work for some but not for others. (Like most guns)

Top Bottom