• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thirty cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    I have a p-11 and a p3at and have never had a single jam. Except my wife shot my p-11 and it did ftf for her. 9mm is a small round in a full size frame but put it in a sub compact and starts feeling like a 41 mag. But it does sound like you have a problem I also second the mag statement. I bet bradis would exchange the mag so you could try a new one in your gun before they have to warranty the whole gun.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Take it down and check for any debris in the thing, my P3AT had shavings and excessive oil. While inside polish the feed ramp. I plan on the P-11 I think, I hear less about issues on that one.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    thats weird. my pf9 has ran flawlessly since i got it. sucks to shoot, but will fire when you pull the trigger

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I brought this to Bradis today and they gave me a brand new magazine free of charge. They said try this, and if it doesn't work, bring it back and they'll ship it to kel tec for me free of charge.

Anyway, I noticed something different with this one. The first magazine did not "pop out" when I pressed the magazine release button. I had to pull it out and it was very tight. This one pops right out with no issues. Is there any chance this had anything to do with it? I'm not going to be able to shoot this till saturday and I'm just curious. Thanks!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I brought this to Bradis today and they gave me a brand new magazine free of charge. They said try this, and if it doesn't work, bring it back and they'll ship it to kel tec for me free of charge.

Anyway, I noticed something different with this one. The first magazine did not "pop out" when I pressed the magazine release button. I had to pull it out and it was very tight. This one pops right out with no issues. Is there any chance this had anything to do with it? I'm not going to be able to shoot this till saturday and I'm just curious. Thanks!

Very possible. Keep us informed!!! :rockwoot: :yesway: :patriot:

thirty cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    If the dimensions of the mag are out of spec it would cause the rounds to miss feed. The guns are test fired at the factory but necessarily with the mag that is shipped with them.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I cant believe Bradis does not have any kinda box to fire into to test a gun? I got mine at 500 Guns and they tested out some ammo for me when I was trying to figure out hat would and what would not fire consistently.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The PF9 came home from KEL-TEC last week. No chance to test fire yet, but they apparently replaced barrel and/or slide, plus some other major components.

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get a chance to shoot it.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    No experience with the PF9, but to get my P3AT to run reliably, I took it apart, degreased then relubed everything, and did the fluff and buff to end all fluff and buffs.

A little bit of Flitz goes a long way, I really would try to smooth it out yourself before I messed with sending it back, but that's just because I don't like having to wait on stuff like that. It is winter, though.

Top Bottom