• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The issue with mags dropping out has been fixed, though if you have big hands, it will still take a bit of practice to find the hold that will keep from hitting the release during recoil. My wife has zero issues with it, but it took me a bit to get my grip with such a small, heavy recoiling (for the size) pistol without bumping the release.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I saw one at PSS the other day for $250 NIB. It was the blued model. i have one with the blued slide and OD green frame. I really like it a lot. Like one of the others posters said: The finish is not very good. Mine started wearing after a month or so and I am very meticulous when it comes to maintaining my firearms. They are definitely not range guns, but like others stated, they are not designed to be. I think the trigger is decent on them. My mag release acts up sometimes, but other than that I have never had issues. If your going to get one just make sure to keep it lubed and keep it clean and you will be fine.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I love the feel of the Kel Tec PF9's. I heard there were several problems with them initially. I was wondering if anyone knew for SURE if they have been fixed. The biggest complaint I've heard was the mag release spring being extremely sensitive. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have had mine over three years. Mine has a very strong mag release you are not going to drop a mag by accident.

As others have mentioned the finish leaves a lot to be desired. But the way I look at its inexpensive enough that if the finish bothers you, get the slide refinished and you still don't have a bundle invested. Mine was blue I sent it to CCR Refinishing and had Cera-Plate II applied. Now I have a bead blasted stainless looking finish that will wear very well. And I'm still into it for less than $300.

Look at the finish this way, the cost of the gun is so small that you can consider it just a basic temp finish and then get any finish you want for it. For the look you want on it. Kind of how I look at the basic RIA 1911's also.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Have one, works perfect, but when the trigger returns, it bites my finger. 50 rounds and I have a sore trigger finger. But in a self defense situation, you would never shoot 50 rounds. So big deal.

milewis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Bought one 4 weeks ago and have had zero issues. It's snappy, but I think everyone knows that. It's definitely a gun to carry often and shoot little. I also highly recommend the belt clip off of kel tecs website. Very easy to throw in the wasteband and go.

Top Bottom