• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    So sitting at work and coworker brings up a video of the keltec ksg bull pup shotgun and damn it looked bad ass. So wondering who is looking to get one when they a re released? Why or why not...
    I also looked and saw the keltec ran I believe the bull pup 308 rifle and man that thing looked sweet. So who owns one? Likes dislikes?
    I like different things but want great performance obviously so just wondering who has one. Personally I think they both look bad ass Haha. Thanks and happy shooting.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Kel-Tec has let their purchasing public be the beta-testers for a lot of their products. They put out their products a bit prematurely. Google "Keltec recall" and check out the interesting stories people have shared.

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    I ordered a KSG in late spring after watching a bunch of videos on you tube.
    Kel-Tec told me that they would be hitting the dealer's shelves sometime this winter.
    I will do the debugging for them.
    I have only seen one sell and that one went for $4500.00 on GunBroker.
    Once it passed $1800 I quit bidding on it.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I ordered a KSG in late spring after watching a bunch of videos on you tube.
    Kel-Tec told me that they would be hitting the dealer's shelves sometime this winter.
    I will do the debugging for them.
    I have only seen one sell and that one went for $4500.00 on GunBroker.
    Once it passed $1800 I quit bidding on it.

That gun never existed, that auction was a fake...

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I am on the waiting list for an OD RFB (should have the gen II gas system that way), and will also order the KSG in OD after a year has passed or so. I think they look pretty awesome and have heard some really good things about the RFB (along with the typical bad things, granted!)

The biggest problem I am seeing with Kel-Tec lately is that while they are trying to get their quality up to standards, they are having some pretty serious production issues keeping up with demand. I read on another site that they have about a 16,000 piece backlog for the PMR-30, for example.

For me, since I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of their customer service and doing what it takes to make things right for their customers, I am going ahead and planning a couple more purchases.

I got a catalog from Kel-Tec the other day with an expected MSRP of the KSG of $880. The RFB has an MSRP of $1800, and you can get them for $1350-1500 out the door from your dealer. I would expect once the furor dies down a bit to be able to walk out with a KSG for about $650-675.

YMMV :D

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Have had 2 PMR-30's and love them. Absolutely my favorite range toy, and personally have never had a single issue with either of mine. Although they are the only ones I own.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The biggest problem I am seeing with Kel-Tec lately is that while they are trying to get their quality up to standards, they are having some pretty serious production issues keeping up with demand. I read on another site that they have about a 16,000 piece backlog for the PMR-30, for example.
    :D

I would rather see them having a backlog than pushing junk out the door. So many companies, like Ruger, have decided to let the customer do the final QC it is to the point I dislike buying any new gun. Kel-Tec is one of the very few I would trust out of the box.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I would rather see them having a backlog than pushing junk out the door. So many companies, like Ruger, have decided to let the customer do the final QC it is to the point I dislike buying any new gun. Kel-Tec is one of the very few I would trust out of the box.

I agree wholeheartedly. Take your time, do it right the first time!
    I am really looking forward to getting that RFB. I should probably go ahead and look into getting some extra mags for it though. I have a feeling I'll be going through them fast lol :rockwoot:

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    So from what I am gathering unless it is in a gun store plan on waiting a bit. And any pictures from owners? Final question is what kind of aftermarket components are out for keltec products? And ar they needed? Thanks for the responses and would be sweet to have the ksg and rfb to be a little different

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The aftermarket for guns like the .308 rifle and the new shotgun are very thing but there are very few of the rifles in customers hands and not a single shotgun has left the factory yet. In the handguns it is a bit better but honestly there is very little the handguns need. For my PF-9 I did buy a 22 conversion, it allows for cheap practice as well as giving me a small 22 for when I am out hiking.

Top Bottom