• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Indianapolis, In
    hey guys, i just got one of these last week FINALLY. Been looking for the longest time for one..and well Ive noticed on some other gun forums people posting pictures of all the cool stuff they have added to it like like tac lights, laser..etc

Ammunition - what type is the best to use ? stay away from JHP ?

Ive got the Glock 22 .40 Cal version. So far i only have e 1' stock extension. Im looking for a nice sling, then i want to mount a tac rail to it for a tac light/green laser combo.

Id like some feedback from owners as well as pictures if you guys would like to share them. Ill be sure to post my pictures soon. So far its only the stock plain jane firearm right now.

Last edited:

Gabby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Ellettsville
    I have a Glock 9 version. It's really handy and fun to shoot. As far as mods I have a Tacticool buffer and charging handle cover and I installed Uncle Mikes Quick Detachable Super Swivels, making sling installation quick. I don't plan on any other mods. Check out KTOG @ ktog.org those guys know everything.:) Gabby

aero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Indianapolis, In
    Ive been there over the last couple of days. Those guys have some awesome modded Sub 2000's. I bought a sling for mine. Going to look around for the right tac rail on it for a tac light (streamlight M3) is what im thinking ill be using. Id like to get a tac light that also has a green laser on it. Ill have to look around for those of those i guess.

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    I went to the KTOG.org site and all I found was pistol stuff. Could someone post a link where you can get accessories for this? Santa just brought a Sub-2000 in 9mm (Glock mags).

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I would really like to have one of these but I don't think it would work out. I've only shot 1 of them chambered in .40 and shooting it was fun but I'm a lefty. Every time I fired a round I would get hit in my right cheek with hot powder. If the sights weren't so low maybe shooting it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe it was just a problem with the one I was shooting. Anyone else shot one left handed and had this problem?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have wanted a 9mm Glock version for some time as a trunk gun. I am curious what you all have paid for yours.

Also, what kind of groups are they capable at 25 yards? Are they ammo specific or testy with HP?

I guess, I would love to see a detailed range report on one of these!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I played with one it was fun. It fired two and three round bursts. Big problem if fired out of battery.

I wnted one for training but went with 22 bolt for the AR instead.

It is still a pistol round. I would prefer a folding AK for the trunk.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Fun gun to have.
    When I'm traveling out of state, it's with me since its small,
    legal, and is considered a rifle.

Mine are the 9mm Glock version.

For the money, mine shoots pretty accurate.

For what mine's intended purpose is,
    I doubt that I do many if any modifications to it.

It would make a great bug out tool if thats what a person was looking for.

Because of its ability to fold up, it can be tucked into the interior of about any
    winter coat that has inside pockets, if seen, its still not recognized as a rifle.

My first one ran me about $ 350 plus shipping & transfer fees,
    the other two were in the $ 420.00 range out the door.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I've got the Tacticool buffer and charging handle cover for mine and that are the only add ons I have, other than my brass catcher I made that isn't sexy, but very effective.
    In order to lock back the bolt with the full sized buffer, you have to make a new slot, which I did with a Dremel. I carry my Sub 2K with me on long trips or anywhere I decide to bring a backpack. The backpack I show I got from Walmart for $10.

Mine is a GLOCK 9mm version in which I have 1 - 10 round mag and 7 - 33 round mags. Only 1 hi cap mag is GLOCK, all the rest are Khan, which are top notch in quality and reliability, made in S. Korea.

I paid $350 for mine at the height of the Obama gun scare frenzy at a gun show at the Holt road Armory. It came with a 10 rnd and a 33 rnd mag.

n1032364911_445804_3196055.jpg

n1032364911_445805_3755303.jpg

n1032364911_445811_2450824.jpg

n1032364911_445817_5664373.jpg

n1032364911_445820_2359875.jpg

Last edited:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    @ATF Consumer. I assume that bag attached to the rifle is to catch brass. Is that something you rigged yourself or did you buy it?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Yes, I made it out of a clothes hanger and a lawn mower clippings bag.
    It really doesn't need to be that long, but at the range, makes for less times having to dump it...it can store a good 200 brass easily.
    I think I will cut it about in half so it doesn't hang so low.
    I just used pliers and hot melt glue to make it work.

n1032364911_445808_8231874.jpg

n1032364911_445813_1489475.jpg

n1032364911_445814_5373495.jpg

n1032364911_445815_1983132.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Fun gun to have.
    When I'm traveling out of state, it's with me since its small,
    legal, and is considered a rifle.

Mine are the 9mm Glock version.

For the money, mine shoots pretty accurate.

For what mine's intended purpose is,
    I doubt that I do many if any modifications to it.

It would make a great bug out tool if thats what a person was looking for.

Because of its ability to fold up, it can be tucked into the interior of about any
    winter coat that has inside pockets, if seen, its still not recognized as a rifle.

My first one ran me about $ 350 plus shipping & transfer fees,
    the other two were in the $ 420.00 range out the door.

Pretty much what he said.

I also have the 9mm Glock version. Great little rifle. Folds up nice and small and is, in my opinion, just about the perfect truck gun. I can lock it away in the side compartments on my Avalanche.

I paid $299 for mine.

aero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Indianapolis, In
    Hey guys im not that familiar with this arm, when you say its the "Glock 22 .40 cal version" does that mean iy accepts glock mags ?? :dunno:

Yes it accepts the glock 22 magazines. Which is a major factor in me purchasing it.

I carry my Sub 2K in my laptop bag lol took it to pop's the other day. Fired about 100 rounds out of it. I need to get me a rifle scope on it me thinks. Still looking for the right tac light w/ laser on it. So far the Streamlight TLR-2 is the front runner I just wish it had a green laser instead of red.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I have one as well.. A Glock 19 9mm version. Purchased it for $400 about a year+ ago from a user (forgot who and am too lazy to look right now) who listed it on here. He said he only ran a couple mags through it and that it was basically brand new (which it looked to be).

I've done some mods to it and have posted the pics up on INGO here for others to see.

This is what I posted before (after all the mods):
    Kel-TecSub2000Moded1.jpg

And this is how it looks today:
    Photo0093.jpg

Decided to take off the riser with the Sightron red dot scope. Just found it to make the rifle too heavy up front and unbalanced. Tried a friends Bushnell Holosight mounted on the top rail and it seemed to work perfectly. It's a lot lighter in weight and isn't as long/large/obtrusive as the Sightron.. Plus the Bushnell's window sits at a perfect height, just above the ridge in the middle of the gun (just after the quad rails), so the riser won't be needed. I'm currently bidding on one on eBay now and hope to acquire one soon.

It doesn't fold all the way up (about an inch short)and lock with the quad rails on it, but it folds enough to where it's still concealable in a backpack or laptop bag. I put on the quad rails BEFORE Kel-Tec came out with their quad rail specifically made for the Sub 2000, to where it still folds up all the way when closed.

Bought a few 33 rnd. mags for it and they work well. Also am looking to buy a G26 in the near future that it will be able to share mags with and be a good 'bug out backpack' couple with each other.

And yes, the guys at KTOG.org know their stuff. Great informative forum for Kel-Tec owners.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've got a Glock 22 version here. Runs like a dream and eats ANYTHING I feed it. Accurate enough for carbine distances - if we're going longer than that, let's get a rifle round anyhow..

Top Bottom