• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Are these guns of decent quality? Anything I should know about them if I were to want to buy one?

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    They are of decent quality. Ive heard good and bad, but you will probably see that from any manufacturer. I guess depends onwhat model your looking at buying.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    At the present I have the P-32, PF9, P-11 and the Sub 2000 in my collection. All of them shoot with no problems ever, they have never failed me even one time. Like all guns, ymmv.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    None of mine have been stinkers. Great for the price but hardly something I'd expect to pass down to a grandson or granddaughter. Once they're used up, they're done. I haven't ever needed Kel-tec CS, but have heard they're OK.

I want an RFB pretty bad but can't choose between that and a real wood/metal rifle.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    None of mine have been stinkers. Great for the price but hardly something I'd expect to pass down to a grandson or granddaughter. Once they're used up, they're done. I haven't ever needed Kel-tec CS, but have heard they're OK.

I want an RFB pretty bad but can't choose between that and a real wood/metal rifle.

I have to say one of them would be SWEET :rockwoot:

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I carry a p3at everywhere I go. Mine doesn't like steel cased ammo, but will take anything brass with no issues.
    As with anything you'll get mixed reviews, but I have had a very positive experience.
    Good luck.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I have a P-11 and LOVE, it accurate(for a compact) reliable (for any gun!) can be carried all day in a good holster, and will feed any ammo I've ever tried, even some steel cased ammo. I want a p3at, a p32, a KSG, and RFB, a Sub-2000, an SU-16....ok I want one of each! No.. they are not a 1911, or a glock, or a SIG. but they are a great gun for the money.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I've shot both the pf9 & p32... The p32 was a sweet shooting gun, the Pf9 is what its meant to be a last ditch shooter, its no fun to shoot but would do its job as long as you get one with a good extractor

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    steer clear of the PF-9. bad kick, very inaccurate. bought mine new, sold it a month later for 150$ took a hit but i wanted it gone.

Wow that is bad luck. Mine is fine and in general the PF9 gets really high marks for its price point. Its not exactly a range gun or a competition gun but its more than accurate for a personal defense weapon. At 7 yards the bad guy is dead meat. At 25 yards I could probably still put down a really fat guy. ;)

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    Wow that is bad luck. Mine is fine and in general the PF9 gets really high marks for its price point. Its not exactly a range gun or a competition gun but its more than accurate for a personal defense weapon. At 7 yards the bad guy is dead meat. At 25 yards I could probably still put down a really fat guy. ;)

I couldn't hit anything at 4yards. jammed almost every other shot, KTCS was very nice took it back. buffed the ramp, and said they fixed the accuracy, took it out and still the same issues. why i sold mine in a heart beat.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I couldn't hit anything at 4yards. jammed almost every other shot, KTCS was very nice took it back. buffed the ramp, and said they fixed the accuracy, took it out and still the same issues. why i sold mine in a heart beat.

There is always that odd lemon from every manufacturer that makes it off the line and into general population.:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I've had my P3AT since feb. I've blown about 400 rounds through it w/ ease. I love shooting that little bugger.

I just got the big brother, the P11 Tuesday. I haven't shot the P11 yet.. waiting for my goodies to arrive, then I'm stocking up on ammo.

The P11 will be my EDC and the .380 will be my back up.

Which model are you looking at getting ?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Love my P3AT and P11. When you get a new Kel-Tec, sit and watch TV while you rack the slide 200 times. Then clean and lube and go to the range. This will clean up the machine marks and help the pistol run.

Kel-Tec saves you money by letting you do some of the finishing. My P3AT never needed the fluff and buff, but some do apparently. The P11 has a LONG trigger, but with good technique, that isn't really a problem. It is a small package for 12+1. I don't get the PF9 size, as it is a little larger than I can pocket carry, but not much thinner than the P11, which has more rounds.

I'd love to try both the RFB and the KSG. Have a feeling it will be a while before I get a chance though.

I also have a Sub2000 in 9 and 40. For Glock shooters, these are great foldable carbines to use the same ammo. I found them easily paper plate accurate to 100 yards.

KTOG forum has some info on troubleshooting any issues.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    My p3at was good no problems but I wouldn't pay $10 for a pf9 again. I hated mine. If you check out KTOG forum you'll find out if it's the right gun for you or not. They are not a out of the box shooter, they require some "attention" according to most people on there that own them. I'll take my $150 Hi-Point over a Keltec anyday but that's just me.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

4yds? I would have to see that! I shot my PF9 @10yds and had no problem staying on a 4" circle.

You might want to lay off the caffeine and try again!!!!

08dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    I have had my pf9 for probably 3 years now and I love it...its size is great for CC and never have any issues with printing no matter what I'm wearing. I probably haven't shot it as much as others just because its not as fun to shoot but I'm confident that if I ever needed it its there and It will shoot...it did have some FTE's during break in but it has been a great shooter after the first 200 rounds or so. Is it a high quality gun that you can keep forever? No probably not but for the price it does the job.

Top Bottom