• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I've been smitten by the PMR-30....I know it's questionable but two 30 round magazines plinkin' in the woods;).......I've seen so much online it's crazy...anyone here had/have one? Tell me what you think

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    first let me say good luck in finding that "bigfoot", they're still hard to find, and if you see one in a gun shop, buy it, don't leave to think about it, dont say "ill come back tomorrow and get it", or "i'm going to lunch and think about buying it", don't step outside and have a smoke, because it probably wont be there when you get back.

now for the good
    its awesome when it shoots! I mean you should see the fireball that erupts out the end of the barrel!
    one upping everyone else at the range
    30 rounds of 22 magnum in a gun that weighs less than an ar15 mag!

now the bad
    have you priced 22 magnum ammo?, if you read and follow the instructions, you cant shoot any ammo that's not plated in gold! (maxi mag, Remington premier), cause you cant shoot the cheep Winchester silver box 22mag or armscorp, or anything that's less than 100.00 a box! (ok I'm blowing that out of proportion, but 15-20-25 dollars a box is what you'll spend)
    it jams

the ugly
    jams, jams a lot, and I mean a LOT! when I first got mine, I was jamming 1-2 times a mag!, its getting better, the last time I was at the range it didn't jam, but ive put a few round thru mine (1000+)
    one thing that helps, is loading the mags to 25 rounds (not 30)
    ammo, the best luck ive had has been with maxi mags, maxi mag tnt, speer gold dot,hornady critical defense, hornady varmit, and that's expensive stuff!

now I haven't been to the range since keltec released this video, but it might help with the jamming problem
    [video=youtube;uw6dJJ1tCWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw6dJJ1tCWQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

good luck, and its a cool gun "at times", and be careful, owning a pmr30 will make you want a cmr30!

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I've got 2. Mine cycle good and shoot amazingly well. I've ran the 40gr CCI, Winchester and Federal. It digests them all. I've read that the 40gr perform best in them and against my 30gr. they seemed to group better. They are light weight and make for a good woods packing pistol. I forsee mine going bowhunting with me this fall. Makes for a good predator hunting sidearm as well. I recommend the pmr30!!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Both my brother in law & I bought a couple from Point Blank Carmel when they had some "old" stock for $339. Mgr said they already had more on the shelf and more on the way so they blew them out cheap.

It's a really fun blaster. I have tried ~3-4 different CCI loads and have only had one of the poly tipped ones fail to go into battery (1st round from the mag). A light tap on the slide and it chambered and fired. I haven't had any other failures but have mainly stuck to the 40 gr CCI. $9.99 / 50 bought online.

It has a faily light trigger @ probably under 4 lbs. Groups were ~2-3" at 7-10 yards. The fiber optic sights are fantastic.

Top Bottom