• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The guy has the right to purchase air time from any media source who will sell to him. He has the right to use that time to say anything the station allows him to say. However, as a representative of the state, providing a service that is mandatory for any resident desiring to carry a gun, he does not have the right to deny those services to anyone, meeting the states requirements, that does not meet his political and religious ideologies. Doing this allows the state of Texas to revoke the license he possesses to teach the class as their representative.

After his license is revoked, he has the right to teach anyone willing to take his class, knowing they will not meet the standard to legally carry a gun in the state. Still, I believe he will have plenty of people willing to support his beliefs with their dollars, since conceivably, there are many who agree with him about what he says and those he discriminates against.

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    Who was is that said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.".......

Also, I do not know all that is required to teach the class in Texas, but is there an obligation for him to not teach the class if he feels the person may be acting in a way that may be deemed dangerous which has the potential to make him liable for criminal acts that may be committed?

Just saying....he might have rights here to refuse doing something he deems unwise for him and his community. Doesn't he? Or have we lost all of that stuff?

Whatever your position is on this, I say.... stand up for what you believe in.
    Too much wishy washy crap going on in this world if ya ask me. Although hardly anyone asks me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Who was is that said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.".......

Also, I do not know all that is required to teach the class in Texas, but is there an obligation for him to not teach the class if he feels the person may be acting in a way that may be deemed dangerous which has the potential to make him liable for criminal acts that may be committed?

Just saying....he might have rights here to refuse doing something he deems unwise for him and his community. Doesn't he? Or have we lost all of that stuff?

Whatever your position is on this, I say.... stand up for what you believe in.
    Too much wishy washy crap going on in this world if ya ask me. Although hardly anyone asks me.

How is the world could someone's political affiliation (Democrat/Republican/Libertarian) or their religion, without any further information or even meeting the person, provide reasonable proof the people are a danger?

I'll need to find the thread, but there were several members of INGO that voted for Obama, so should they not be allowed to take the class? I'm sure there are some practicing Muslims on here, so they would not be able to take it, either.

If the guy has reasonable knowledge a person is a danger, fine. He didn't have that information to make a decision in each individual situation. He disqualified everyone prior to having any knowledge they were a danger.

This has nothing to do with being "wishy washy." It has everything to do with standing up for what's right and not allowing personal prejudices to blur reality. The guy has the right to teach private classes if he wants and even sell videos. He can place on the boxes that Muslims and Liberals aren't allowed to purchase his product. But, as a representative of the state of Texas, he does not have that right. What is "wishy washy" about that?

We all agree he has the right to say what he wants. He can stand up for what he believes, just as long as he's not standing on the necks of those he doesn't like due to his prejudices. I'm not sure if some believe he still has the right to represent the state of Texas and discriminate against those desiring to take the course or not. That has not been made clear, but I believe this is where any disagreement may be.

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    A gun dealer can refuse to sell someone a gun right? Just for using a single word that may have been used. Why?

Same thing isn't it?

A slick lawyer will help him keep his license.

This guy has is standing on what HE believes, and he can believe anyone is acting strange enough not to deal with if he deems that's the best thing at the time.....can't he?

Lawyers speak up.

And please don't blast me, I think he lumped a lot of people together with that radio spot.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A gun dealer can refuse to sell someone a gun right? Maybe Just for using a single word that may have been used. Why? I'm not sure what you are asking.

Same thing isn't it? I doubt it.

A slick lawyer will help him keep his license.

This guy has is standing on what HE believes, and he can believe anyone is acting strange enough not to deal with if he deems that's the best thing at the time.....can't he? Yes, but, he's not basing his stance on individual cases where he has found a person to behave in a manner that should prevent him from providing a state-sponsored service. He has stated through his commercial that he will not teach "Muslims or those who voted for Obama." Has he interviewed every Muslim or Obama supporter and found them to be a dander? I doubt it.

Lawyers speak up.

And please don't blast me, I think he lumped a lot of people together with that radio spot.

Again, as an agent of the state, he cannot discriminate and refuse services to a group of people based on their religion or political persuasion. I'm not a lawyer, but even if a gun store owner who refuses to sell a gun to someone, solely because of their political affiliation or religion, could possibly -- again, I say possibly -- have their FFL rescinded. Maybe a lawyer or someone with an FFL would care to weigh in on this, because I'm certainly not sure.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Again, as an agent of the state, he cannot discriminate and refuse services to a group of people based on their religion or political persuasion. I'm not a lawyer, but even if a gun store owner who refuses to sell a gun to someone, solely because of their political affiliation or religion, could possibly -- again, I say possibly -- have their FFL rescinded. Maybe a lawyer or someone with an FFL would care to weigh in on this, because I'm certainly not sure.

I'm neither a lawyer nor an FFL holder, although I have worked for an FFL. While gun sellers are given the discretion to refuse a sale to any individual, that discretion is intended to be based on individual situations in which the seller has reasonable suspicion than something is amiss.

"He looks foreign" or "He seemed a little too liberal" are in no way whatsoever reasons to refuse a firearms sale. While a seller has the right to refuse service to anyone (this applies to any business whatsoever) good luck defending yourself in court against the civil suit of discrimination rapidly coming your way.

Top Bottom