• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    OK si I saw and placed hands on a keltec su16 just recently and want to know if anyone on here has had any experiance with them and can give me a review?

:ingo:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Love mine. No problems. 2-3 MOA with XM193 and Wolf ammo. I have the "A" model, I wanted the longer barrel.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    At one point I think they had issues with something breaking around the bolt area at high round counts, may want to look into the current status of that.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    I've had a 16B model for a couple years now and I have to say it has been a solid rifle. I picked it up new for $450...and at that price it was a steal. It is lightweight but recoil is still barely noticeable. It takes AR mags which is a huge plus, and I've had no issues with pmags or mil spec mags. Field strip isn't bad but not as quick as an AR. It comes with the integral top rail for an optic. I've got a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on mine, which is a great budget optic for the SU-16 and gives a lower 1/3 co-witness with the sights. The A model is the least desirable of the series IMO due to the crappy polymer sights. (although you can change them out) The B model has the improved sights but still has the pencil barrel. The thin barrel is the only thing I don't like about it. I've had no issues yet, but it heats up quick so I would refrain from routine mag dumps. I will say that mine has been very accurate (and reliable) with a variety of ammo. The C model has the folding stock that allows you to fire from the folded position. The other two can be folded but are inoperable in that condition. The C model also has a thicker barrel and for that reason is the best of the lot. Even though I own several ARs, AK etc..I always take the SU-16 to the group shooting events I attend and it always gets attention from the other shooters. Most of them can't believe how handy and accurate a rifle it is at the price point. (pre-craziness of course)

68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Thanks now I guess I will order one and wait to see if I can get it...sounds like the c model is the way I want to go. thanks again!!! INGO is great!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This is one rifle where I truly don't understand the panic buying. I don't understand the panic buying but I especially don't with this one. It's a semi auto rifle that accepts AR mags. That's all. It has no pistol grip, no bayonet lug, none of what the fearmongers call the "assault rifle" features.

Rant off - I've played with one and want one but will wait till the sky stops falling.

Top Bottom