• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    The Sub2k in .40 has amazingly harsh recoil. Probably due to the Sub2k being blowback operated, chambered in a cartridge designed for short pistol barrels with associated quick burn rate for the powder (i.e., impulse from firing a round is shorter and harsher) and having a hard plastic butt "pad".

That said, you can get aftermarket soft rubber butt pads and recoil buffers for it to mitigate recoil. I've got a rubber butt pad on mine and it is definitely more comfortable than the stock "pad". Can't comment on the recoil buffers but it is claimed they significantly reduce the felt recoil.

The .40 has better ballistics than the 9mm which is why I chose it over the 9mm.

What recoil pad worked I've been trying to rig one up that will still work folded up.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    I just got a sub 2k in 40. I want to get rid of it and get a 9mm for no other reason than price of ammo and I have a ton of Glock 33rd stick mags.... There is a bit of kick to the 40 but still shoots nicely I just don't have as much spare mags for my g22

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Nowdays I don't see much of a price difference between 9 and 40. Mags can be had for a decent price in a lot of places. My 40 is in the for sale ads right now (inserts shameless plug ), but I'm seriously considering keeping it. I can carry it around in a laptop case. Not many rifles can lay claim to having that capability.

Last edited:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I love my S2K .40! Only about 500rds through it but has worked perfectly. I've only shot 180g out of it. I have the bolt buffer and it makes it an all day shooter. I take this everywhere my go bag travels.
    There was a thread on here several months ago about one that failed at the hinge/breech. Never heard any follow up on that story.

Matt

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I thought about getting a Sub2K for a truck gun or a back pack gun because of how it folds and can be stowed away so easily

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My S2K may or may not have gone with me to W. VA a couple of years ago. She folded right into my daypack. But, she was a glock model, and, well, .... I'm not a glock guy. Fortunately, cousin Dennis is.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have a Sub 2000 in 9mm and .40 and love them. They are fun to shoot and mine have been 100% reliable. The 40 does hit a little hard, but I still like it.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    I thought I loved my S2k. Then, I put in an MCarbo spring kit and flat trigger. Its a whole new gun to shoot. Dropped the pull from 7lbs to 5.25lbs. Super crisp/clean break. No over travel. Now, I really love my S2k.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I have a sub2000 2 could not like it anymore it has been 100% after shooting it for a few months I also went to mcarbo got everything for it those have been great additions but a red dot on it and wow is it great at steel matches and carbine matches. So when people just look down on it till I light it up and stay with the sig mpx which is 1500 so give me my kel tec anytime. It's a 9 mm glock

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    I thought I loved my S2k. Then, I put in an MCarbo spring kit and flat trigger. Its a whole new gun to shoot. Dropped the pull from 7lbs to 5.25lbs. Super crisp/clean break. No over travel. Now, I really love my S2k.

+1 on the Mcarbo trigger and springs. It completely changes the shooting experience. Mine with the curved trigger pulls at 4 to 4-1/2 pounds.

Endrin2113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Plainfield
    Gun snobs will be gun snobs. As long as it functions as designed and makes you happy-------CHOOT IT. :ar15:

And I sure do. I have babied this wonderful bangstick. All of the Mcarbo mods, an aimpoint PRO on an offset mlok mount, recoil pad, etc. After nearly 2000 rounds it has ate everything I've thrown at it, not a single malf. Long arms are the one thing kel tek, imho, makes flawlessly. And I wouldnt even think twice trusting my life to this carbine.

Top Bottom