• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    Any Sub2k owners out there that have been bitten by the mod bug? This little carbine is quickly becoming my favorite firearm, and I think taking it to the workbench is about as fun as taking it to the range! Feel free to share your mod pics as well if you're so inclined. I am not quite finished with mine yet but I think I'm getting close. What do you think?

IMAG0518.jpg

IMAG0520.jpg

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Charging Mod: (Operating Handle)
    1. Find a pen at Staples that has a squishy rubber grip.
    2. Remove the squishy pen grip
    3. Pull it up like a sock onto the operating handle. Placing it in some hot water for 30sec makes it easier to apply.

Gives it a little easier on your hand to charge the weapon plus a little more ergonomic. Finding a brighter color might be a benefit. I used a yellow one on my friends Sub1k. I'll try to get a pic of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Their popularity makes them hard to come by that's for sure! You just need to blanket your LGS's and get on a waiting list. When I got mine, the next day I had three gun stores calling to see if I still wanted one. That's how it goes. When they make a run, they flood the market and then they dry up just as quickly!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The polymer trigger seemed all squishy and cheap to me, so I got an aluminum replacement. Think long and hard before you do this. It's engineered not to go back together.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    The polymer trigger seemed all squishy and cheap to me, so I got an aluminum replacement. Think long and hard before you do this. It's engineered not to go back together.

The aluminum trigger is a definite improvement.

Dis- and re- assembly aren't that difficult the 3rd and 4th times. Actually, the first time, took me about an hour, and the second time, down & back, took about 15 minutes.

I like 1911's. There are some things I did to my S2K, that I won't spell out. If you study the internals though, you'll see that the trigger is way overdone, and leaves a lot of room for improvement.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    For anyone looking to get one, I saw two at Bradis today for $309 I believe. At that price they won't be there long! One was a .40, the other I'm not sure, nor am I sure about what mags they took.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I just want to get one so I can mod it. No one has one in 9mm Glock.

Dave

I hear that! I actually had the money a couple days ago and of course the one that my LGS has had for 3 weeks was gone. And it was in Glock G17 format, exactly what I wanted. :( So I bought the Smith J frame I have been eyeing, but next time he has one in stock I am buying it. Heck with taking my chances anymore. :):

IndyAK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Somewhere and Nowhere
    For anyone looking to get one, I saw two at Bradis today for $309 I believe. At that price they won't be there long! One was a .40, the other I'm not sure, nor am I sure about what mags they took.

They've had at least one of them for a couple weeks. My buddy was going to go buy. It sure beats the $700 price your likely to see at the 1500.

Top Bottom