• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Anyone have one? I been wanting to try one for a long time. I have a Glock 17 and the idea of a small rifle that uses the same mags is sweet. Never been able to find one or any Keltec for that matter.

Have a guy down in Indy that wants to buy one of the 10/22 rifles I have for sale. Any shop down there that may have the Sub2K in stock? I could make the sale pick up the Kelly and head for home. That would make it worth the drive.

After research think I would prefer the second generation.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I've had two of them over the years both in the g17 configuration as I carry a g17. Its a ton of fun an for the most part pretty reliable, but its one thing I've never been able to hang onto to it. I'd really rather just have an AR9 to fill the pistol caliber carbine void. Since having ARs an being pretty comfortable in how they shoot just seemed like the way to go. Just something to think about. Good luck in your search OP.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've had two of them over the years both in the g17 configuration as I carry a g17. Its a ton of fun an for the most part pretty reliable, but its one thing I've never been able to hang onto to it. I'd really rather just have an AR9 to fill the pistol caliber carbine void. Since having ARs an being pretty comfortable in how they shoot just seemed like the way to go. Just something to think about. Good luck in your search OP.

I also carry a G17 or 21 and prefer a full size pistol. In fact I have sold all other types of pistols in order to consolidate calibers and types of guns. My rifles are AR's so I dig the idea of an AR too although cost is a factor at the moment. I will look into it though and price things out. Any particular brands out there that are better than others?

Another idea is going with a MecTech upper for the Glock.

I just really dig the idea of the Keltech folding and being so light weight and utilizing mags I already have. Also want to start shooting more nine to save some money. .22LR is no longer an option.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I got a Mech Tech for a Glock 21 and I am so pleased with it I've thought of selling some of my shotguns. The choice would be easy if I did not have so much ammo for them.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have had G17 version of the Sub 2k for about two years now. Eve3n upgraded it to the Red Lion Precision forend and fromt sight. I LOVE this gun. It was my truck gun for a long time, but now it is mainly in the safe.

Good luck finding one in stock. I have NEVER seen one in a gun shop. They occasionally pop up on INGO classifieds.

If you are serious about getting one, you might wait a bit longer and the new Sub 2k Gen 2's are currently in production and are supposed to be available in larger quantities than the Gen 1's ever were.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    OP - I have owned one in the G19 configuration and would suggest the Red Lion upgraded grip / front sight on a Gen 1. I actually have seen two of the Gen 2 in G17 configuration at Bite the Bullet in Seymour and have them looking for a Gen 2 in M&P configuration for one of my next purchases. They are a great firearm, IMO. I'd also suggest looking at a JRC (Just Right Carbine) if you want an AR that uses Glock mags. Tried a buddy's and the thing is a tack driver!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Guess the search will continue. Would love a generation two. In the mean time will try to sell my 10/22 rifles and set some cash aside.

Nice to hear some positive feed back. Thankful!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I also carry a G17 or 21 and prefer a full size pistol. In fact I have sold all other types of pistols in order to consolidate calibers and types of guns. My rifles are AR's so I dig the idea of an AR too although cost is a factor at the moment. I will look into it though and price things out. Any particular brands out there that are better than others?

Another idea is going with a MecTech upper for the Glock.

I just really dig the idea of the Keltech folding and being so light weight and utilizing mags I already have. Also want to start shooting more nine to save some money. .22LR is no longer an option.

I agree that's the reason why I've held off so long on getting an AR9 for so long they can be pricy. Either to buy or build. An yea I hear ya on the 9mm atleast its reasonably priced. Just something to consider later on when u get some more coin if u want to go a different route other than the keltec.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    USDS had one last week, the Gen II, don't know if they still have it. I had one a few years ago, I liked it but I sold it because it was lacking in modularity. The newer version addresses many of the shortcomings of the older version.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    USDS had one last week, the Gen II, don't know if they still have it. I had one a few years ago, I liked it but I sold it because it was lacking in modularity. The newer version addresses many of the shortcomings of the older version.

Who is USDS? Maybe I can give them a call. Any idea on price?

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    They are very dependable but a little fickle! When they get real dirty, like a day at the range, dumping a lot of ammo. They like to get sticky? They are very accurate. Remember it is Keltec. They always trickle production. Seems to take forever. Look at the KSGs and the PMRs. They are finally becoming more available after many years. The .308 that they put out was almost an urban legend. They do make some nice stuff though!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My buddy wanted a PMR so bad he could taste it. He gave up the search.

I have a few more guns to sell off then will start making some calls.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I have the Glock mag'do version for the convienance factor. Regular Glock mags work in sub, but not vice versa. I got a couple of stick 33 rndrs for some quick suppression fire. Haven't had any problems so far but then plastic receiver worries me somewhat. I haven't upgraded it at all. I really would like to do the AK front site swap. I thought the Gen 2 had many desire able upgrades. I bet the price has gone up since I bought mine. Got it off gun broker for $320. Good luck on your search!

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I do believe Point Blank in Carmel have a G17 version available now. Not a big fan myself. The concept is great but I had difficulty getting my head down enough for proper sight alignment. YMMV and good luck.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I do believe Point Blank in Carmel have a G17 version available now. Not a big fan myself. The concept is great but I had difficulty getting my head down enough for proper sight alignment. YMMV and good luck.

Saw it there on Saturday. $500 IIRC.

I think that Bradis gets them from time to time also.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Saw it there on Saturday. $500 IIRC.

I think that Bradis gets them from time to time also.

I cannot attest to the $500 price tag ( I thought it was around $800 ) all I know is they had one hanging on the wall ready to go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom