Kennedy to the Vatican? - Just what was Obama thinking?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Kennedy to the Vatican? - Just what was Obama thinking?

Posted by AWB in Uncategorized
    From Right Pundits
    Another embarrassing, failed appointment for President Barack Obama. The White House, hoping to favor Caroline Kennedy with the prestigeous U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican appointment, has been shut-down, according to a Vatican spokesman.
    Reports vary on how the proposed-ambassadorship is happening. Senator John Kerry is reported to have asked President Obama to consider Caroline Kennedy for the ambassadorship. From there it is unclear whether the White House actually made the formal proposal to the Vatican. The Telegraph says the Vatican “has blocked the appointment of Caroline Kennedy as U.S. Ambassador.” Either the proposal was formally or informally presented, or leaked to get a Vatican response. Either way, it appears the Vatican answered with an emphatic ‘no.’
    Well, there you have it. Obama wants to appoint a pro-abortionist as ambassador to the Vatican? What the heck was he thinking? That’s what happens when you take advice from John Kerry. Here Barack, let me help you put your foot in your mouth.
    Oh, but wait… she is a Catholic, right? She pretends to be Catholic IMHO. Believing in teachings of Christ and at the same time supporting abortion doesn’t sit well with the Vatican.
    ..former Kennedy staffer Philip Johnston defended Kennedy’s appropriateness. “The church is about a lot more than abortion,” he said. “It’s about human rights and poverty and supporting workers around the world and she is a great symbol of those values.”
    How oxymoronic can you get? Anti-abortion *is* all about “human rights.”
    Catholic teachings have a long history regarding abortion.
    From the Teaching of the Twelve Apostles, or what is more commonly referred to as “The Didache.”
    You shall not procure [an] abortion, nor destroy a newborn child” (Didache 2:1–2 [A.D. 70]).
    For decades, the Kennedy clan has practiced their own Walmart version of Catholicism. It’s not going to work in this case.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It should be noted that the Vatican has not blocked this appointment, rather the Obama camp has simply put forth an unacceptable nominee. But I wouldn't think the press can understand the subtle difference.

The Vatican, being the seat of worldwide Catholicism, has a few issues that it will not compromise on and one of those is abortion. The Vatican has a list of qualifications that it requires be upheld by any nation that wishes to send an ambassador. One of those is that the ambassador be pro-life. The ambassador does NOT have to be Catholic, but he or she must share SOME common beliefs to be marginally acceptable.

For the record, the US State Department and the Obama administration are well aware of this qualification. Further it is NOT a new standard set by the Vatican, rather it is one that has been in place for many many years. And for those not following the stupidity of the Obama adminstration, this is the 3rd pro-Abrotion ambassador that has been named by the Obama camp to the Vatican, each has failed to meet the minimal qualifications to be considered acceptable as each has been Pro-Abortion.

WTF doesn't the Obama administration understand?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This was done on purpose as a statement. Watch closely - his foreign policy seems to consist of subtly insulting our traditional allies, and bowing (literally) to another kind of foreign leader.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    This was done on purpose as a statement. Watch closely - his foreign policy seems to consist of subtly insulting our traditional allies, and bowing (literally) to another kind of foreign leader.

The only part of your post I disagree with is the word "subtly." His insults to our allies have been blatant, and egregious. :(

fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    I will go be the ambassador to the Vatican. I am going to need my job held for me until I get back though. I have a few things I would like to discuss with Pope Benny.

Top Bottom