• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Kentucky is open carry friendly, without a permit, and you can carry in your glove compartment with out a License, or permit, I oc'd when I lived there, before the permit system...also I believe at some funerals in Kentucky, guns are mandatory......seriously sorry for your loss

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    What about establishment laws like in Ohio? After taking my Utah class I found out that Ohio is only slightly better then California when it comes to restaurants and officer notification laws.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    yea what about that? any info would be nice

Read the handgunlaw.us website and you will be fine. They have quirky laws like not being able to go into any place that serves alcohol. It does not say you can't drink but rather you can't be in there with your firearm period. It is a very stingy state to say the least;)

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Unless Kentucky has changed it, you can legally be in a bar at 18. You can't buy or consume alcohol but you can be in there. If you go in, per their laws, you are prohibited to carry.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kentucky is a CCW state, don't OC.

What is the basis for this statement?

Don't forget that in Kentucky you must dress like this:

stringtie.jpg

I say, I say.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Kentucky is a CCW state, don't OC.

This is the second thread today in which you've made this claim about another state & have been flat out wrong about it.

What are you doing, trying to eliminate OC through a massive misinformation campaign?

If you don't know then say so & find out.

Please don't add to the misinformation out here in these internets.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    This is the second thread today in which you've made this claim about another state & have been flat out wrong about it.

What are you doing, trying to eliminate OC through a massive misinformation campaign?

If you don't know then say so & find out.

Please don't add to the misinformation out here in these internets.

No, in both states I actually went and read their statutes and there is nothing stating nonresidents can carry OC. Michigan actually specifies "legal Michigan residents".
    Rather than going by what others have done in the past I go by what is published for each specific state. Just because one has gotten away with OC'ing in another state does not mean it is legal for a nonresident to carry there and I will not inform someone it is legal to do so.
    There is a huge difference between OC friendly to legal residents and OC friendly to nonresidents and until I either read the statute myself or someone shows me the exact statute that says its legal I will go with what is published.

You have said twice now it is acceptable and yet have not provided the statute in either case saying an Indiana LTCH can OC in either state.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, in both states I actually went and read their statutes and there is nothing stating nonresidents can carry OC.

Why would you think that there would be something in Kentucky statutes authorizing an action as legal?

You raised the issue and told a fellow INGO member that Kentucky was "CCW only"; please give the citation which forbids open carrying in Kentucky for residents or non-residents.

I will go with what is published.

Please give us this publication then.

Top Bottom