• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I know we have a couple people on the border and some KY members here (I just moved back accross the river myself).

Make sure to contact your state reps to voice your opposition to HB265. The bill was introduced yesterday. Amongst other absurd items (such as defining a "large capacity feeding device" as a mag that accepts 7 or more rounds), it requires registration of all handguns and "assault" weapons.

For complete details:
    13RS HB265

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know anything about Kentucky politics, but I would think they've already used the paper this was written on for its proper purpose and flushed it already.:D

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I am kind of surprised to see this coming from Kentucky. But all states have been infiltrated by the extreme left. I guess the translation of the Indian word Kentucky does mean, "Bloody Ground."

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Just as I suspected, a bunch of turds from Louisville and Lexington, and one loser from Henderson, well, the Henderson loser was kind of a shock. It'll never happen.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I am kind of surprised to see this coming from Kentucky. But all states have been infiltrated by the extreme left. I guess the translation of the Indian word Kentucky does mean, "Bloody Ground."

I believe all the sponsors, save one, are from Louisville & Lexington. Louisville is not exactly a bastion for conservatism. But I don't know what they have to gain from this since it faces a steep uphill battle to pass. I don't think such a severe bill even plays well in the more liberal cities/regions.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    I don't know anything about Kentucky politics, but I would think they've already used the paper this was written on for its proper purpose and flushed it already.:D

:laugh:.......Yeah my thoughts exactly. I would like to think this is going no where. But I agree it's good to be proactive and remain vigilant.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :laugh:.......Yeah my thoughts exactly. I would like to think this is going no where. But I agree it's good to be proactive and remain vigilant.

Yep...like Barney says:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEIt-rQqbM&sns=em[/ame]

:D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You'd be betting on losing proposition. KY may have managed to elect a Rand Paul, but they have large numbers of dyed in the wool dems there. Whole cities filled with them. It's a purple state, not red.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Some dumb-a$$ New Yorker probably move to KY and needs to have his brain pickled in a good back woods still.

I can't imagine a New York law getting passed in good ol' Kentucky. I can't believe some jerk would have the gonads to even write such stupidity in KY.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Man it's typical kentucky politics, they weren't smart enough to try get something like this in the works when there wasemotional support for some sort regulation. Introducing the bill now, with 2a supporters already having most of these folks on speed dial is the height of stupid.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    You'd be betting on losing proposition. KY may have managed to elect a Rand Paul, but they have large numbers of dyed in the wool dems there. Whole cities filled with them. It's a purple state, not red.

2004-kentucky-election-results-map.jpg

kentucky-2004-2008.html
    2008-kentucky-election-results-map.jpg

Yup, that's a purple state alright.

It is true that many local & state offices in Kentucky are and historically have been held by Democrats...but they tend to be of the conservative Southern/Reagan Democrat vein rather than the modern Progressive Democrat mold.

Democrats might control the KY House (Republicans control the Senate) but these bills will be very lucky to make it out of committee.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Fortunately, Jefferson and Fayette Counties have not been able to spread their bull**** to the rest of the state, and I really don't see them ever being able to do so, without some underhanded trickery. I'm not as familiar with Fayettes politics as I am with Jeffersons, but Jefferson has some real loons that get elected out of the ghetto districts.

Earlier in 2012, one of the gangsta city councilmen wanted to make west Louisville a gun free zone, since that's where the bulk of murders are.:):

Top Bottom