• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I will be traveling to Kentucky this weekend for a baseball tournament for my 13 year old 401k plan. :): Future Hall of Famer. And thankfully the blue grass state honors my Indiana permit. I was in communist Illinois last weekend for a tournament and had to leave my pistol at home, that sure was an awkward feeling that I did not like. Sure saw a lot of signs while traveling I74 West from citizens in Illinois supporting handguns.

Is there anything that you are aware of in regards to Kentucky's OC or CC policy?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I know Ky honors the Indiana permit, but never checked as far as arenas or large venues. We do a lot of hiking & camping down there. Anyone have a link to the KY statutes?

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    best i can tell, ky doesn't have a law on open carry. their permit is a 'concealed carry deadly weapon' permit, not a 'license to carry a handgun' so i'm not really sure where oc fits into the scheme of things.

if i'm not mistaken, ky residents (who can legally have a firearm) can have one in the glovebox ready to go with no ccdw permit.

i carry in ky all the time. go for it. i've always carried concealed down there so i can't speak from experience on oc.

oh also note i'm pretty sure it is a no-no to carry in bars in ky.

i am not a lawyer, i just play one online.

Last edited:

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    im from the great state of KY and they are pretty cool with one open carryin, alot cooler than people around here

Top Bottom