• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I just received a Kershaw OSO Sweet as a gift. I love Kershaw knives and have several, but this is the first one that says CHINA on the balde.

Is this made in China or is it like the American Cars that are 50% foreign parts.

I looked up to see what the OSO sweet cost, and it is less than $30 which is considerably less than I have paid for my other Kershaws.

Are Kershaws still made in the USA or do some now come from China?

I thought I would post the question here, as I know there are many knowledgable folks that are a part of INGO.

Thanks in advance for your input.

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    Kershaws are still mad in The goog ol' USA but they have a good amount of the coming from china now. I used to have a Kershaw skyline that i loved that was made her int he US but now they are made in china. So the answer to your question is yes they do make them in china but no all of them. They still have some dignity to call themselves " Made in the USA" because some of the models are and some arent. Sorry for the long rant, all of the knife manufacturers that are switching to china made are starting lose some valuable customers. JMHO

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I just received a Kershaw OSO Sweet as a gift. I love Kershaw knives and have several, but this is the first one that says CHINA on the balde.

Is this made in China or is it like the American Cars that are 50% foreign parts.

I looked up to see what the OSO sweet cost, and it is less than $30 which is considerably less than I have paid for my other Kershaws.

Are Kershaws still made in the USA or do some now come from China?

I thought I would post the question here, as I know there are many knowledgable folks that are a part of INGO.

Thanks in advance for your input.

The OSo Sweet is a China made Kershaw. Depending on the model, Kershaw knives are either made here in the USA or China.
    I wouldn't be to concern about China made Kershaw models, they are actually pretty good as far as quality and still carry the Kershaw life time warranty. The fit, finish and function are as good as the USA made models with the big difference being the steel that is used in the blade. The majority of the China made Kershaw models use 8Cr13MoV. While 8Cr13MoV is not considered a high end steel like the Sandvik, S30V, CPM154 and other steels used in the USA models, it is a good bang for the buck. :twocents:

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    The OSo Sweet is a China made Kershaw. Depending on the model, Kershaw knives are either made here in the USA or China.
    I wouldn't be to concern about China made Kershaw models, they are actually pretty good as far as quality and still carry the Kershaw life time warranty. The fit, finish and function are as good as the USA made models with the big difference being the steel that is used in the blade. The majority of the China made Kershaw models use 8Cr13MoV. While 8Cr13MoV is not considered a high end steel like the Sandvik, S30V, CPM154 and other steels used in the USA models, it is a good bang for the buck. :twocents:

I agree Brad, the China kershaws are a whole lot better than most of the other chinese blades. Like you said its mostly the steel used

Top Bottom