• ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That was a really cute little video!

My wife got Really Whacked on the gas at her dentist last month.

She came home, puked then slept for 5 hours. She felt ill for three days. Her dentist told me his machine was "Federally Regulated" (a real oxy-moron) and could not have over dosed her. I'd called his office to see what I could do for her when she first got sick. :rolleyes:

TK :patriot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've had laughing gas once in high school; when I got my wisdom teeth taken out.

Biggest mistake ever! I chose to not get put to sleep because they told me I shouldn't drive for 24 hours and I wanted to go over to my girlfriend's house afterwards.:rolleyes:

As the orthodontist/surgeon put his foot next to my face to get better leverage while trying to yank out the first one I thought to myself "WTF did I get myself into by not going to sleep?!?!"

Hearing the teeth cracking in half was horrible.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    When I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled I opted out of being put under. Just local anesthesia with Nitrous Oxide. The cracking / breaking of my teeth wasn't the bad part for me, the bad part for me was hearing the scalpel cut through my gums and grind onto my tooth. Then the whole "don't swallow, there are teeth parts and lots of blood in the back of your mouth." Of course I thought they said swallow so every time they told me not to, I did.

Anyone have the issue when signing the release forms that the seceratary would try to hold a conversation with you? I think they do it for ammusement, she kept asking me questions knowing my talking / drooling was hilarious to her.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Well, I opted to be put to sleep this time. I just had ALL my teeth surgically removed a month ago. I just went back Friday and they reopened my gums and grinded the jaw bone down flat and sutured it back up. I think this second visit was worse, more pain anyway. Another month I can go have my dentures molded and made. The bright side to all this is my visits to the dentist from here on out I can just hand him my teeth and say " I'll be in the waiting room!" LOL...

Last edited:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    The Company I work for stocks the N2O for all of the medical companys in the area. Once, there was an employee in our stock room with all of our gasses, and was hitting/toking on an un-regulated cylinder of nitrous, and passed out. When he woke up his forehead was bleeding from where he dropped and faceplanted. He told the bosses he wacked his head loading a truck, and for some reason, they believed this.

About a year and a half ago, Said guy worked on my side of the shop. (testing and refurbs) He was not purging the oxy cylinders like you are supposed to, and was "popping" o-rings all day long. That's happens when the bottle still has alot of pressure in it. Well, his number came and ka-boom! Blew himself up. He got LUCKY. Not only is he alive, hes not paralyzed, or missing any ligaments. Apparently he got hit with NO shrapnel, but he has appx. 35% burn scars now, only on his right arm and partial chest.

It was AWESOME seeing him with a huge bullseye on his forehead for a week or 2, knowing he was just being a jackass.

Rogue42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    McCordsville
    Went to a party once (years ago) that had Nitrous. Gave everyone a balloon and you could fill your balloon and walk around suck some down from it. My room mate unfortunately sucked down a little too much while in the bathroom and passed out, wacked his head on the toilet, reminded me of the bullseye comment above.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    We stock NOx in my lab... it's always kept under lock and key. But it does seem like we go through it faster than we should... makes me wonder....

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    LOL brings back memories...lol Had a friend in highschool who dad was a dentist. Lets just say that stuff is beyond fun. (sigh) those where the good ole days before adulthood.

Top Bottom