• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I've heard people recommend purchasing from Kiesler's in Jeffersonville, IN, but their web site lists the following on most of the pages....don't know what to think.:rolleyes:

KIESLER'S DOES NOT SELL TO OR DEAL WITH THE CIVILIAN MARKET, INDIVIDUALS, OR FFL DEALERS.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I think that is for the Police sales. They are happy to take your money for any purchase in their store. They will deal for the right gun, but normal prices are high.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    They still sell to the public. The public side is Orion Arms, but still has the Kiesler sign on it.

Prices, meh...high'ish. Selection, great. If you have to have a certain gun, now, it's a good bet that they have it.

I used to buy there, back when Doug Kiesler owned it, I have know Doug for 30+ years.

But once he sold it, the ability to deal was curtailed quite a bit and the prices went up.

I go there to look, but I buy elsewhere.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Last time i was there, about a month ago, they had a Orion Arms sign outside. They deal with general public. Just mapquest Orion Arms, i dont think they have a website.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Kieslers/Orion is a good shop with alot of selection and knowledgeable workers. Years ago I used to hate going in there due to the crappy service but lately the new batch of guys and new look of the store is great.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Lester and AAron awho work there are Very good people .
    So is Cris , Cris mainly takes care of what law enforcement things they still have at that store ....The main law enforcement side of it is now located down on hamburg pike ...

Orion aviation ( who now own the retail side ) dosent allow as good of deals as you used to be able to get ... but they do have the bext selection around this area ....:patriot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As others have said the new owners are doing business as "Orion Arms".

I loved going to Kiesler's.:) Back in the '90s when stopping in while going to Knob Creek I bought a "bag of guns", six guns for $100 but you weren't allowed to peek in the bag. They were all police confiscations from New York and Chicago and New Orleans (the police only destroy a small percentage of the guns they confiscate for the cameras, the rest are sold with radius restrictions [no sales within say 100 miles of Chicago]).

Now I stop in when going to Knob Creek or going down to Alabama for gun school. I think it is a worthy stop. I always stock up on my favorite carry ammo (Federal HST) while I am there.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Kiesler's sold the commercial side of the business to Orion Arms, they are not affiliated.
    Kiesler's now distributes to the Govt and LE only.

Top Bottom