• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    If this is Gordon's Pasture Pro, I think you may have mis-read the label. From what I read, there is a max application rate of 2 quarts of concentrate/acre. I'm also not sure where you purchased yours at, but Tractor Supply has a 2.5 Gal container for about $80. That would bring the spray cost down to about $16/acre.

It sounds like you may have inadvertently picked up Pasture Pro weed and feed, which is weed killer and fertilizer all in one. That does need 1 gal of "concentrate" for .14 acres.

--Rick

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If this is Gordon's Pasture Pro, I think you may have mis-read the label. From what I read, there is a max application rate of 2 quarts of concentrate/acre. I'm also not sure where you purchased yours at, but Tractor Supply has a 2.5 Gal container for about $80. That would bring the spray cost down to about $16/acre.

It sounds like you may have inadvertently picked up Pasture Pro weed and feed, which is weed killer and fertilizer all in one. That does need 1 gal of "concentrate" for .14 acres.

--Rick

No wonder he goes by "Schmart"!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    2,4-D LV (as not carried buy the wind) is what homeowners want vs HV ( picks up evaporate and kills all broadleaves) is what farmers want (crops only, F* all broadleaves, bushes, flowers, etc.)

Gallon of concentrate at Rural King or Tractor Supply should be around $30.

Typically LV (low volatility) will be a blue label and HV (high volatility) will be a red label.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom