• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Stainless TLE RLII here and other then rust developing on the barrel, no discoloration. I clean my guns very well after each outing and I dont know why it is rusting like it is. Although I have seen the same thing going on with other kimbers at gun shops.

The rust is what I'm talking about. Sorry if I used discoloration, that seemed to confuse the masses. Majority of Kimber barrels are not STAINLESS steel. They are "in the white" steel. 1911Forum has a slew of threads on this. I wasn't expecting this when getting a $1000+ gun. Oh well, some other fellow mentioned putting cold blue on it to prevent further rusting. And yes, I clean my pistols thoroughly after each range session or even after handling/carrying it.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    My wife has a Kimber stainless target II and she has had no problems at all. She loves her Kimber and me too, and yes I think she ie very hot for sure!!! Nothing is hotter than a woman handling a 1911 as good or better than most guys!!!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Custom TLE no discoloration on mine. Not sure how many rounds are thru it though. I know I have less then 100 (but she is used)

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Hes probably talking about the fact that Kimber leaves their barrels in the white...Ie unfinished steel

many people have had problems with the barrel rusting or getting slightly darker on the muzzle end.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    The rust is what I'm talking about. Sorry if I used discoloration, that seemed to confuse the masses. Majority of Kimber barrels are not STAINLESS steel. They are "in the white" steel. 1911Forum has a slew of threads on this. I wasn't expecting this when getting a $1000+ gun. Oh well, some other fellow mentioned putting cold blue on it to prevent further rusting. And yes, I clean my pistols thoroughly after each range session or even after handling/carrying it.

You would be wise to call Robar in AZ and have them finish it in Np3
    then you wont have to worry about it ever.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have two Kimbers and have not seen any barrel discoloration. I have about 500 rounds through my Ultra Carry and around 1000 rounds through my stainless Compact. I am not overly impressed with the finish on either though. There are a lot of chips in places that don't seem like they should get chips.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have two Kimbers and have not seen any barrel discoloration. I have about 500 rounds through my Ultra Carry and around 1000 rounds through my stainless Compact. I am not overly impressed with the finish on either though. There are a lot of chips in places that don't seem like they should get chips.

Are yours Gen IIs? If so a lot of people are complaining about the KimPro Finish. When I say discoloration I am referring to the forming of rust on the barrels. My friends Tact Pro II started having it on its hammer. Just a real disappointment overall in the lack of detail. Shoots great though. No complaints there.

Top Bottom