• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    If i am buying a black kimber custom ll for 600 is this a good deal? I know they go for around 800. This is a used 1911. Is 600 a good price and could i turn around and sell it for more? Thank you

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If i am buying a black kimber custom ll for 600 is this a good deal? I know they go for around 800. This is a used 1911. Is 600 a good price and could i turn around and sell it for more? Thank you

$600 may be a decent price, given the condition of the gun and any additional goodies it may come with. Not a lot of room for additional profit on a re-sale, though, as they sell new for ~$750 locally.

gmotox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Illinois
    I have been looking for a kimber and around here there are not many gun dealers but from what I have found they run 650-1200 used might as well buy new at those prices. Just depends on model and condition. there were a couple on here that I prob. would have bought for 600.00

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    Assuming it's in good condition, it's a good deal. I picked up mine a few years back for $795, and that was the cheapest I could find (was in Virginia at the time)

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'll buy the custom ll from u if u don't want it . I'll even let u make a extra 50

If your location really is Illinois (your not trying to be funny), I hope you realize that he would have to go to a gun shop or FFL dealer, pay them to transfer the gun to you and then 3 days later you could go back and pick the gun up.

Prolly not gonna happen.

gmotox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Illinois
    Yes i know all of the rules on transfer from FFL to FFL it's ten dollars for each transfer and I'd be willing to give him a extra 50 for his time he had not responded to my offer so there was no need to talk about the FFL until he did. I actually did a transfer yesterday and if you look at some of my other posts i do things by the book and Legal thank you for your input and FYI it was just a response didn't think he would do it but if he would like to I'd be more than happy to give him 700 for it assuming it is a nice gun. Don't know if Indiana needs to send out a copy of the gun laws to some gun owners over there but illinois laws are way stricter i had this discussion on another thread

gmotox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Illinois
    The hunt for a kimber 1911 goes on but I pick my colt 1911 and Springfield 1911 and a smith & wesson p99 up Tom try and post some picks Tom. Night

gmotox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Illinois
    Yea i picked up a colt 1911 today a officer i'n illinois collection came up for sale and i bought the colt and a springfield armory 1911 at a very good price and my friend that is a real gun nut says he's almost positive it is a early 70s Jim Clark custom the Springfield has had alot of work also but I'm still looking for a couple of kimbers I'll get em but kinda getting burnt out don't really know if the wait or the hunt is worth it

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Yes i know all of the rules on transfer from FFL to FFL it's ten dollars for each transfer and I'd be willing to give him a extra 50 for his time he had not responded to my offer so there was no need to talk about the FFL until he did. I actually did a transfer yesterday and if you look at some of my other posts i do things by the book and Legal thank you for your input and FYI it was just a response didn't think he would do it but if he would like to I'd be more than happy to give him 700 for it assuming it is a nice gun. Don't know if Indiana needs to send out a copy of the gun laws to some gun owners over there but illinois laws are way stricter i had this discussion on another thread
    Sounds like your "feathers are ruffled". I thought the same thing when I saw your post on an offer to buy.
    Most of us just do not want anyone doing time at "Club Fed" HA>>HA...Bill..

Top Bottom