• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the front night sight on my Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor 45 was no longer glowing and that the weapon was slightly out of Kimber's official stated warranty period. I decided to get in touch with Kimber and try to get it replaced anyway.

After several calls, transfers and messages left I received and emailed RMA. I shipped the slide to them via UPS on October 24th. The tell you in the email it is going to be 4 or 5 weeks and don't bother to call, Kimber will let you know when it ships. even though it was a small repair I figured it would be "in-line" and I would have to do without my favorite handgun for a while.

Yesterday, November 4th, the Big Brown Truck stopped in front of my house and the driver said "signature required package". It was the Raptor slide! No charge for shipping at either end and no charge for the repair.

Total of 11 days including 4 days of shipping time and no charges. Now that's great customer service!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    +1 On Kimber service.
    I scratched the slide on my Combat Elite on my seatbelt on the seatbelt in my Jeep and sent it back to Kimber.
    I also had a new set of sights put on while they had it for service.
    Beautiful workmanship and less than a two week turnaround door to door.
    I was only charged for the sights. I was floored that a large corporation would support a 10+ year old product like this. I love my Kimbers and I can't say enough good things about them.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have had two dealing with Kimber customer service and was quite satisfied each time. Both times they gave be some freebie I didn't ask for. Can't beat that.

The first time was after taking delivery of my Compact and not getting the take down tool. I had Jerry-rigged one out of a paper clip but it peeved me that the factory did not ship one with the gun, so I called and politely asked for it. They sent me a set of hex grip screws without being asked. (Gun then shipped new with slotted screws).

The second time, I sent the Compact in for a finish touch-up job (bead-blast) and to have white-dot sights added. The gun was over ten years old at this point and well past warranty. While there they noticed it had a sear-click and gave me new parts at no cost.

I've been a defender of Kimber customer service ever since.

Top Bottom