• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    IELgGVRh.jpg

I will just leave this here then.... Fully dehumidified safe, every single other gun in there was 100% fine even the 1955 Colt Woodsman Target model in carbon steel. Kimber is the 1911 for people who know nothing about 1911's. They are proof positive pretty guns and lots of advertising works extremely well. Do your research and get a better 1911 folks.

Thats funny, I have a stainless custom, been in my safe for years with no marks. Maybe you need a better safe...?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Thats funny, I have a stainless custom, been in my safe for years with no marks. Maybe you need a better safe...?

Based on his description it doesn't sound like it was an issue with the safe. There certainly could have been other factors but it's very possible it could have been an issue with the gun. Maybe just maybe Kimber screwed this one up.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I have had a Kimber Tactical Ultra ii that is stored in a closet for 7-8 years and no rust on it.

I don't doubt it. I think if it where a rampant issue with Kimber it would be widely known by now. But it certainly doesn't mean that he didn't get a bad one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tjere re is no such thing with Kimber. Non existent.

This is not the 1st one I have seen do this.

I have owned more than a few Kimbers. I would like to have the 1st one back. It was the real deal. The rest were pretty. They did shoot. Except the Custom Carry II. It was rife with feed issues. The guns were not fit up well. The Metallurgy was not there for the price point. They were clunky and just not that fun to shoot.
    I fixed the issues and they moved on to new owners. Hard to fix the clunkey part.

I like Chevy's...he likes Fords. If you like your Kimbers I hope they give you a lifetime of service.
    I will never own another one.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    This is not the 1st one I have seen do this.

I have owned more than a few Kimbers. I would like to have the 1st one back. It was the real deal. The rest were pretty. They did shoot. Except the Custom Carry II. It was rife with feed issues. The guns were not fit up well. The Metallurgy was not there for the price point. They were clunky and just not that fun to shoot.
    I fixed the issues and they moved on to new owners. Hard to fix the clunkey part.

I like Chevy's...he likes Fords. If you like your Kimbers I hope they give you a lifetime of service.
    I will never own another one.
    Church you hit it. I like fords others like chevy. To each his own.

Top Bottom