• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    After 6 months of looking I found a Kimber Solo 9 @ a Kimber dealer in Clarksville Indiana while I was running a out of town service call. Got to shoot it this weekend and all I can say is WOW, best CCW I have ever owned.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Funny, I just posted a question about the solo in the other Kimber thread.

First, congrats. Great looking piece.

Second, post some range reports. In particular, I'm curious if you shoot any standard brand target ammo (115gr. WWB, Federal, S&B, etc.) The only "issues" I've heard were early ramblings that the Solo wouldn't reliably handle "non-premium" ammo.

Kimber still recommends (spins) the need to use premium ammo for optimal function.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That is a beautiful gun. Congratulation on a great find. I know a few guys looking for one.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Funny, I just posted a question about the solo in the other Kimber thread.

First, congrats. Great looking piece.

Second, post some range reports. In particular, I'm curious if you shoot any standard brand target ammo (115gr. WWB, Federal, S&B, etc.) The only "issues" I've heard were early ramblings that the Solo wouldn't reliably handle "non-premium" ammo.

Kimber still recommends (spins) the need to use premium ammo for optimal function.

Kimber recommends either 124 grain or 147 grain ammo be used for reliable operation.( I am using Remington 147 grain) however the salesman @ Orion Arms runs 115 grain through his and says he has had zero issues with his. I ran about 60 rounds through mine this past weekend and it ran flawlessly and was holding 2 1/2" groups @ 25 yds.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Kimber recommends either 124 grain or 147 grain ammo be used for reliable operation.( I am using Remington 147 grain) however the salesman @ Orion Arms runs 115 grain through his and says he has had zero issues with his. I ran about 60 rounds through mine this past weekend and it ran flawlessly and was holding 2 1/2" groups @ 25 yds.

Good to hear! Thanks. The Solo is on my shortlist of subcompacts I'm considering for when my CZ P-01 feels too big.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I've had one for a couple of months and have been carrying it in a Desantis Intruder holster. Great gun and very comfortable for carry. Still have another carry piece that I'm evaluating also.

As to the ammo question, even though Kimber recs that you use only premium hp ammo, I have successfully shot Federal 115g red box with no issues at all. I've also shot some 124gr, 147gr, and 115gr of my own reloads. So far, it has performed just fine with all ammo. No issues at all.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Kimber Solo

Mind if I ask what you paid for the Kimber ?
    This pistol reminds me of the old Colt 1903/1908 carry pistols.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Since your post is purple, is that telling us something???? :D :D :D :D

Seriously the Solo has been on my radar screen since I first learned about it. Glad to hear you are so happy with it, I think?

Purple = internet sarcasm..... ;)

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Congrats on the nice new gun. I have that on my short list. I read somewhere that Kimber says to change the recoil spring every 1000 rounds...wonder if they warranty that or if you'll have to buy one each time

Top Bottom