• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    I've been looking for a Kimber Solo Carry DC for a while now. Seems no one has this gun. Lots of Stainless and Bi-Tone online, but no all black. Does anyone know the release schedule for these or has anyone actually seen this gun in Indiana? Thanks for your help.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I think they always offered it in all black just not as popular.

If you can't find it locally see if you can order one from them, if that won't work just order one off line.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ive yet to see the solo dc, it's not just all black, but it has a set of aggressive grip's too, as for kimber, their production schedule is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get, we had solo's on order for idk...ever, then low and behold, six showed up at once, my dad was at another shop, and ups showed up with a box from kimber, and the owner yelled out "if it's a solo, send it back!"

i hate to say it, but if you want an all black one, you might have to buy a silver one and have it duracoated

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I think they always offered it in all black just not as popular.

Nope, it was first offered in two tone and full stainless. Then along comes the two tone with laser grips. They added the DC and DC with laser grips at a much later time. Which is probably why they're not so common. This is the first thread I've read on the DC model and went to the site to verify they made the Solo in all black.

sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Thanks for the info guys. I might have to settle for a bi-tone or stainless if I want it soon. I guess I could get coated later on if I really needed to.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Nope, it was first offered in two tone and full stainless. Then along comes the two tone with laser grips. They added the DC and DC with laser grips at a much later time. Which is probably why they're not so common. This is the first thread I've read on the DC model and went to the site to verify they made the Solo in all black.

Interesting, didn't know, maybe I should follow them a little closer LOL

Tiny B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    KOKOMO
    Roby's bullseye outdoors in Kokomo,In had 2 different Kimber solos. All SS and a blued one . Ss was used unfired . Had superb trigger .

sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Went to Bradis this weekend. Ended up purchasing the Bi-Tone model. They estimated a 6-9 month wait for the all Black model. Going to stick with the silver slide, but did order some new grips from VZ grips. Once everything comes in I will get some before and after pictures posted.

sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    I've been interested in the SOLO too, but have you seen the Kimber micro compact? It might have changed my mind.

Looked at the Micro Compact before deciding on the Solo. Both look very similar in size, but the .380 ACP pushed me away from the Micro.

Top Bottom