• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm looking at purchasing a Kimber Ultra Carry II, and was hoping I could get some feedback as to the overall performance and satisfaction of owners of this gun. I'm currently considering the model with the built in crimson trace laser grip. Also if you could list your favorite holster for the Kimber. Thanks much!:draw::patriot:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Best pistol I own or have ever owned! I used to consider my M&P 9C my best but I have found that the Kimber 9mm performs as well as the M&P hands down. The UDC II really feels good in the hand and carrying it is a real pleasure. Never a single problem.

I purchased the mated Mitch Rossen belt holster that is available through Kimber and it fits the pistol like a glove and draws really smooth! I can't imagine any holster out there that could fit it any better.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    My super carry ultra has been amazing. I went with the super mainly for the higher cut under the trigger guard. It fit my hand so much better than the standard ultra models. very easy to conceal.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I really like mine and I use this holster.
    You're pretty far southwest of me, but if you're ever in the N/E corner before you buy one, drop a PM in my inbox and you're welcome to shoot mine to try it out before making such a pricey purchase.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I really like my Kimber Tactical Ultra II, been EDCC it for over 4 years now.

Favorite CC holster is a Garrett Industries STX Silent Thunder OWB, its a leather lined Kydex holster that stays tight to my body so its super is to CC. I ordered this through Tucker Gunleather.

I also have a Tucker Gunleather HF1 holster that is my favorite BBQ holster, while a little thicker than the STX it is just to beautiful to Cover up :D

Here is my review of the Silent Thunder

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tucker_gunleather_silent_thunder_stx_owb.html

And here is a pic of my HF1 with my Kimber in it (The Kimber has been refinished in NP3 from Robar)

RobarKimber004.jpg

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I've got one of the original Ultra Carries and really like it. Zero failures in about ten years of use. Recoil is a bit stouter than a full size 1911, but not more than expected for the reduced size and weight. It's more accurate I am and has been absolutely reliable. Mine has ridden in everything from cheap Fobus paddle holsters, to an MTAC iwb holster, and even a fanny pack style holster.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Kimber Ultra Carry and love the thing. Mine is set up with a set of very thin grips and conceals very well. My favorite holster for the 1911s is an OWB scabbard from Kramer Gun Leather in horsehide. It holds the gun secure and is very light but durable. The only thing I don't like about the Kimber 1911s is the included mag. Budget a bit of money for a couple of Wilson Combat mags and you'll be good to go. The Kimber mags are good for practicing reload drills with though.

Top Bottom