• ...and so much more!
  • XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    OK so since I got my job back I think I am gonna get a new gun. May be a pistol, may be a rifle but I would like to get into a Kimber or an FN. What should I look for in an FN? I'm pretty set on an Ultra Carry II if I go with a kimber.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I too was set on the Ultra Carry II, until I had the opportunity to pick up a Kimber Tactical Ultra II; talk about a sweet pistol!

I love it, you cannot go wrong with a Kimber IMO - as for the FN; I've never owned one so I can't add any value there.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Congrats on getting your job back :rockwoot:. I've been EDC'ing a Kimber Tactical Ultra II for the past 4 years and love it, great guns.

No opinion or knowledge on the FN.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    U can see my choice, but also am biased cause haven't owned an FNH. Have you you read this thread yet https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/91196-fnp-45_a_love_story.html... little bit of a review on the FNP-45, doesn't seem biased just an honest review.

Kimber STS ultra carry II (kind of one of those unique guns, put together by kimber like a one week made special.)

Kimberstsultra004.jpg

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Don't know about the FN, but I shot a Kimber for the first time this weekend and LOVED it! It was immediately added to the wish list. I'm not a great shot by any stretch, but I grouped all eight rounds of the second magazine within about an 1" to an 1 1/4" at 15 yardsc(I was shooting a full size though, not the ultra carry). Whether that's normal for you I don't know, but it's definitely not for me! I was very impressed.

Anyhow, based off that experience, I vote for the Kimber!

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Owned both...still own FN 5.7x28. Got rid of Kimber because I'm not a Government style lover but was an extremely nice gun...shot well was many years ago and I don't even remember which model. Owned it for about a week had the chance to shoot it only 1 time. Was a full size and stainless. Had a good offer and sold it. As far as the FN check out the one in the for sale section. Great price for an excellent gun with ammo included. Good luck with either, both are great guns and comparable in price. Kimber up close and personal. FN reach out and touch someone!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I recently purchased a FNP9. So far I have around 170 rounds ran through it. It has cycled every ammo, I have tried so far with no problems. If you like the Xd, you will like the FN. In fact I like the FN more so then my Xd service. It's lighter, higher capacity, and has a slightly better trigger IMO. The FNP is decocker only, just as a heads up. Unless you go with the new FNX, it is decocker/safety. I can say I'm more then happy with it. I paid $529 OTD, mine is the stainless model. Bought it from Bob, at Bite the Bullet. Not much help on the Kimbers, I have no knowledge of them.

Top Bottom