• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A few days ago I put up two Sig P226 mags for sale at $25 each and they sold in two minutes. I them PMd a member telling him that I was giving him two of the 15-round Sig magazines for free. Later, I got a PM from a member telling me that the 13-round mags were selling for $50 each, but I didn't pay that much and didn't feel right selling for that price, especially since I could not use them. Still I though about the fact that I could have possibly made over $200 on those four mags, but I put it out of my mind because it felt good to do something for someone else.

The next day I was talking to a member about my inability to find mags for my AK 74 and how expensive they are. He told me that he just happened to pick up "a bunch of those mags" some years back and never needed them because he did not have a AK 74. Of course I asked him if he would be willing to sell me a couple, but he never answered. Well, I ran into him again and he put two in my hands and said Merry Christmas. I was shocked! I asked him if he knew how much they were worth and he didn't answer. I'm not going to try to repay him because then it would not be a gift, but I hope this thread demonstrates my appreciation and conveys the level of kindness that still exists in the face of our current state of affairs.

Also, right about the same time, I was at Bradis and I didn't have a lot of money to spend, but I saw two cans of 5.45x39. I asked the salesperson if they would consider opening a can to sell some individual packages. I didn't even know if that was something that could be done. He looked at me as if to say, but not looking irritated, "Can't you see how crazy this place is right now?" Then he said, "If you stick around, I will try to open one between customers." He eventually opened a can and sold me half of a can. I went back the next day and all the 5.45x39 was gone. If he hadn't done that I certainly would not have had any. For that, I am grateful.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Little anecdotes like this help me have at least a little faith in humanity.

Thanks for sharing! With all the negativity in the world these days, it is good to read about some kindness, consideration, and common sense!

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Kindness and common sense are not dead.

Not dead yet. But those acts are few and far between. Still gives a little faith in humanity.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I love hearing things like this. It helps to make all the nastiness the world has to offer a little more bearable. Any time something like this happens to me I do my very best to pay it forward. I find the more I do that, the more great things happen to me :)

Top Bottom