• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some of the fondest days of my youth were blowing things up and then being delighted I still had all my fingers and eyesight.

You and me both.

Imagine how devastated I was when I found out Indiana had laws about "overpressure devices". What would college have been without them? (not in Indiana)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    HOA's are ruining America. That's actually a pretty cool channel. I thought about building one of those sugar rockets.

Do you have a Jump to Conclusions mat or is there some connection to this story that I missed?

I'd be interested to see what language in a covenant related to explosive devices. And, AFAIK, HOA violations don't result in criminal charges.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well....he's not off the streets, so head back to your safe space.

NGyJZ_s-200x150.gif

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember in my late teens trying to imitate the old Wile E. Coyote, "Make a big pile of black powder and make a thin trail" to light and watch it slowly sizzle and then "poof"!!!!!

It didn't work out that way and my neighbor, a nice German lady, who had been a child during the war ratted me out....Mom said I, apparently, had reminded her of a traumatic moment in her youth....

I reminded mom what side of the war that woman's family was on......Yep...I played the "Papaw fought Nazi's card"......

It took about a week for my eyebrows to grow back.....

Here is a reading of the great writer Pat McManus's Field and Stream story along these lines...Title..."POOF...No eyebrows...."

https://soundcloud.com/user-870887258/patrick-f-mcmanus-poof-no-eyebrows

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Doing some investigation...

It appears Mr. Thompson lives at 937 W 10375 S, South Jordan, UT, estimated value of ~ $525,000 (YouTube pays well?)
    Parcel Record #27142050100000. That's listed in Wilshire Estates subdivision.

Now, Salt Lake Co. wants $150 to be able to look up records, and I can't find any web presence for an HOA (it may not exist).

So, instead I offer the covenants for Wilshire Estates in Cherokee Co., GA. IIRC, that's a rather upscale community.

Section 10 covers "noxious activity". And while the HOA has the power to sue the residents, they can't bring felony charges.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It appears Mr. Thompson lives at 937 W 10375 S, South Jordan, UT, estimated value of ~ $525,000 (YouTube pays well?)

Now, Salt Lake Co. wants $150 to be able to look up records, and I can't find any web presence for an HOA (it may not exist).

So, instead I offer the covenants for Wilshire Estates in Cherokee Co., GA. IIRC, that's a rather upscale community.

Section 10 covers "noxious activity". And while the HOA has the power to sue the residents, they can't bring felony charges.

Okay Penelope....:)

ced59ce3befa41d0ac3be66067cab23f.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Section 10 covers "noxious activity". And while the HOA has the power to sue the residents, they can't bring felony charges.

Of course they can't. I know this is your point, but its not about a HOA in this case, it's about blowing stuff up and your neighbors calling the cops. No HOA necessary. I have no HOA and no restrictive covenants, (and a lot more space than the KoR) but I'm not going to blow up anything more than standard fireworks because I don't see it leading anywhere good.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Of course they can't. I know this is your point, but its not about a HOA in this case, it's about blowing stuff up and your neighbors calling the cops. No HOA necessary. I have no HOA and no restrictive covenants, (and a lot more space than the KoR) but I'm not going to blow up anything more than standard fireworks because I don't see it leading anywhere good.

My posts were in reference to this:

HOA's are ruining America. That's actually a pretty cool channel. I thought about building one of those sugar rockets.

His claim seems rather non sequitur.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I never figured you for a quitter...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

The HOA comment was tongue in cheek, which followed the line of some of the other posts at that point in the thread. There's always some curmudgeon, HOA or not, to let the air out of the tires of the funmobile. I would never personally live in a community that has an HOA, and I can't for the life of me see why you would let other people tell you what to do on your own land, but if that's your thing...

And yeah, there's good money in YouTube, especially for a guy with 8.9M subscribers and 1.6B views. FPS Russia was nowhere near that big, and he was pulling down close to $200K/yr in his heyday. Monetization was a bit different back then, though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The HOA comment was tongue in cheek, which followed the line of some of the other posts at that point in the thread. There's always some curmudgeon, HOA or not, to let the air out of the tires of the funmobile. I would never personally live in a community that has an HOA, and I can't for the life of me see why you would let other people tell you what to do on your own land, but if that's your thing...

And yeah, there's good money in YouTube, especially for a guy with 8.9M subscribers and 1.6B views. FPS Russia was nowhere near that big, and he was pulling down close to $200K/yr in his heyday. Monetization was a bit different back then, though.

In the video posted today, Grant Thompson says that there are 10 employees. That has a tendency to cut into the wealth...but I'm sure he's doing just fine.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I used to live in a lower income neighborhood in Muncie. That house and property is worth less than $40k. I don't think many of my neighbors could spell cuh-vin-ent. And I still wouldn't have done half the crap this guy pulls in his backyard. There is something to being polite and neighborly.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I live under a very weak HOA with few rules. The only HOA nazi I know of is my next door neighbor, and I'm forever baiting him, though not with explosives. They don't want us to have antennas up, but an amateur radio license supersedes that by federal law, so I planted a big old satellite dish right where he could enjoy the view.

Top Bottom