• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    [video=youtube;xC4_m3-yHi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4_m3-yHi0[/video]

Wow.. Maybe this is why we don't have a Gunsmithing subforum yet? People that do these things actually exist! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Wow.. Maybe this is why we don't have a Gunsmithing subforum yet? People that do these things actually exist! :D

Or maybe it would help by bouncing ideas off one another and avoiding these fine examples :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wait, are you saying I shouldn't wrap my barrel with electrical tape?! Next you're going to tell me that I shouldn't clean my Glock in the dishwasher!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Or maybe it would help by bouncing ideas off one another and avoiding these fine examples :)

Neh.... a lot of people would rather complain about things rather than try to help someone out. Didn't you know that those people were born with all that knowledge? I'm not a genius but I do try to help when I can. :oldwise:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Electrical tape! My goodness he should have used Duct tape, it comes in so many colors now.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    When I lived in KY I saw a LOT of guns like that. Sometimes it's not b/c people are stupid or dumb but it's more an issue of not having any money to fix things properly. Some of those boys can shoot those rifles better than some people can shoot a $1000 Kimber or Anschutz though. ;) Then again, some times they are just stupid too.... :rolleyes:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Help

Well, instead of making fun of somebody else's "problems", I want to help. So............ The tip for the day is to use pieces of the "shaft" from a Q-tip rather than toothpicks in your scope ring. It's much stronger and won't compress as much. It isn't exactly a Burris Sig Zee insert but it will greatly reduce the flex in your custom mounting system.

Top Bottom